Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

News: SWA baggage handlers charged with smuggling drugs on flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond

All over the news in the bay area:

"...In a statement, Southwest Airlines said it “does not tolerate any behavior or activity that could jeopardize the safety and security of our operation. We are fully cooperating with authorities and will continue to work with law enforcement, airport authorities, and our security partners to perform due diligence in upholding high security standards. The safety of our employees and customers is a top priority every day.”

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...gh-6271907.php

http://kron4.com/2015/05/18/oakland-...rug-smuggling/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...518-story.html
Old May 19, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! They're all arrested and they are going to prison for a very long time. How they did sneaked a drugs past at the secure doors or at security checkpoints? They didn't being screened. You cannot tolerable for your behaviors. This must stop! It's not gonna to change the behaviors. No one ever sneaked a drugs to past at secure doors.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by N830MH
No one ever sneaked a drugs to past at secure doors.
Want to bet on this?
Old May 19, 2015, 12:03 pm

Maybe this explains the painfully slow WN baggage service in OAK. Compared to all other stations I've been to (many) OAK is THE worst. I guess "business" comes first for these baggage handlers.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I can hear the conversations now-

"…no seriously, that wasn't in my bag when I checked it @ OAK!"

"Sure buddy. Ya know what it would have taken to get past security, to your plane and in your bag? "
Old May 19, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by bofc
Maybe this explains the painfully slow WN baggage service in OAK. Compared to all other stations I've been to (many) OAK is THE worst. I guess "business" comes first for these baggage handlers.
True that the handful of times I've deplaned there. They are in no hurry whatsoever!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.