Wiki Posts
Search

Early Bird, 2 people Q's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Early Bird, 2 people Q's

I have never bought Early Bird. I usually just take what I get but we will be flying in from Europe at T-24. I could ask someone to sign us both in at T-24 but the WN flight is early morning, not sure I want to put that on someone.

How does EB work when you are traveling with someone? Since WN issues separate Confirmation #'s to each passenger what are the chances that they would get boarding positions next/near to each other? It is possible that they passes could be several positions apart; doesn't that defeat the idea?

I suppose there is always the option of only one of us getting EB and saving a seat for the other. I hate when people do that, so I really don't want to go that route.

Is there some way to link the EB's?

Thanks~
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:40 pm

I believe that EB reservations act independently from each other. Both of your numbers will probably be at least within a few slots of each other, if not next to each other (like A50 and A51 or A50 and A53) provided the flights and EBCI confirmations for both of y'all are purchased at around the same time, but we can't say for sure that will be the case. There's a lot of debate on how exactly EB numbers are assigned, but people with AT generally have better numbers than those with WGA fares.

Here's a link that explains EBCI, although I don't think it answers your questions too well; therefore, I would assume that purchasing the 2 EB reservations at the same time would be your best bet to keep the boarding numbers close to each other.

http://www.southwest.com/html/genera...eckin_faq.html

TLDR - I don't know of a way to tie EB numbers.

Last edited by Poker2012chu; Mar 2, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM

...I suppose there is always the option of only one of us getting EB and saving a seat for the other. I hate when people do that, so I really don't want to go that route...
I hate when people do that, too.
I'd just buy EB for both of you. Then you don't have to worry about checking in at T-24 and in the scheme of things, $25 isn't that much.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:45 am

We are a family of 3 and sometimes will purchase EB. They never are "together" when we receive them, but they are within the A group. (one of the downsides about having separate confirmation numbers for every passenger)

Depending on how spread out they are depends on how we board.

If 1st and 2nd are close. Then two of us stand in the 2nd position and the 3rd follows later. (nobody ever picks the last seat in a row when still are

If 1st is way ahead. Then one person boards. 2nd and 3rd go in the 3rd persons slot.

We always end up sitting together though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.