Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are there USPS drop boxes at these airports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors

This may sound like the most bizarre question but I'm doing some research for my boss on a Southwest related project. I can't find the answers from the airports (some of whom don't even answer the phone...) so I'd really appreciate your help!!!

Do you know if there is a USPS postbox anywhere in these airports?

Atlanta
Nashville
Baltimore Washington
Dallas Love Field
Houston William B Hobby
Los Angeles
Kansas City
Chicago Midway
Philadelphia
Tampa

Thanks a million in advance

Last edited by Babaduck; Jul 2, 2013 at 2:42 am Reason: Forgot somewhere!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Babaduck
This may sound like the most bizarre question but I'm doing some research for my boss on a Southwest related project. I can't find the answers from the airports (some of whom don't even answer the phone...) so I'd really appreciate your help!!!

Do you know if there is a USPS postbox anywhere in these airports?

Atlanta
Nashville
Baltimore Washington
Dallas Love Field
Houston William B Hobby
Los Angeles
Kansas City
Chicago Midway
Philadelphia
Tampa

Thanks a million in advance
BNA, Nashville. No box, but you can drop off mail at Wright Travel. UPS box is at Baggage Claim Level, center, and across from Delta Ticket Counter.
DHL and FedEx is at Baggage Claim Level, center.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you! One down, nine to go!!!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
There used to be a mailbox at MDW just after the security lines that go to the right. But I have not been down that way for a long time.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
These are almost always shown on the airport website, either on a schematic map or under FAQ. Best source for current info.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Hi Often1,

I've been through the airport websites in depth, checked the USPS website and phoned the airports who have humans answering the phones. These are the ones I can't get an answer for (20 already done and confirmed). I do appreciate your advice but I have exhausted this first before posting on FT and asking for help.

Thanks a million
Babaduck
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help toomanybooks
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Babaduck
Hi Often1,

I've been through the airport websites in depth, checked the USPS website and phoned the airports who have humans answering the phones. These are the ones I can't get an answer for (20 already done and confirmed). I do appreciate your advice but I have exhausted this first before posting on FT and asking for help.

Thanks a million
Babaduck
Just a thought. I would think the USO or the Military Lounge might have a mail drop and it would not be listed in the airport directory or on the map.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:23 am
Original Poster

InkUnderNails - thank you so much. Would this box be accessible to any passenger/crew member or is access restricted to members?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: Southwest | A-list preferred + CP || Marriott | Gold
There's one in Midway, if you are coming out of security turn left and head towards A gates. It's against a wall by the Hudson News.

BNA has a couple. They're outside security but they're on the check-in level. I know this because I like mailing postcards and I always have a dickens of a time finding mailboxes.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jul 19, 2018 at 11:32 pm Reason: Readability
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Snoopoz, thank you!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
ATL has a small post office branch. It's on the back side of the wall defining the food court, landside, roughly between the food court and the DL check in area.

BTW PIT also has a post office in the terminal. It's airside in one of the wings with gates (rather than being located in the central shopping area) and is a good source for the purchase of commemorative stamps.

It's been a few years since I used either of these. I assume they haven't been closed due to government cutbacks.

MSP also has a post office with late hours on airport property. (It's very busy on April 15.) However, not only is it landside, but also you really can't walk because of the distance and there are no sidewalks. There are letter boxes airside in Terminal 1 in the right wall as one enters the F concourse and landside outside on the lower level (Terminal 1) in the private vehicle pick up area outside of baggage claim. IIRC the door isn't too far from the information desk inside. The business centers might also have USPS letter boxes; I believe they have FedEx drop boxes and supplies. (Note that Southwest uses Terminal 2. I don't know whether it has any USPS letterboxes, but if one has time and is willing to go landside, there's a free light rail train linking the terminals.)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 4, 2013 at 12:45 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
http://airportmailboxes.com/

Seems you can find anything on the interwebs.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Oh my holy mackerel. You are fabulous Exiled in Express! Thanks a million. This saves me reaching for the gin
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:01 pm

DAL has a place but it is in the mailbox area for the airport businesses. Easy access for passengers but the slot is for envelopes only. I could not fit a DVD envelope through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.