FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   SWA Birthday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1357924-swa-birthday.html)

SDCA Jun 18, 2012 10:38 am

SWA Birthday

HAPPY 41ST BIRTHDAY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES.

And why do i have a feeling someone is going to chime in on this thread and turn it in to a negative post by b*&%(ing about something regarding Southwest.

:p

drooley Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

Happy 41st b~day, Southwest!!

Don't forget to celebrate with a complimentary cocktail if you are flying today! :D

nsx Jun 18, 2012 12:00 pm

LAX-OAK has a $49 Ding sale today for July, matching the anniversary sale fares that were available only for August 13-November 13. Southwest gave me about $300 for their birthday today!!

mdurette Jun 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by drooley (Post 18776700)
Happy 41st b~day, Southwest!!

Don't forget to celebrate with a complimentary cocktail if you are flying today! :D

I was on an early flight this morning (too early for me to drink) but not for the younger college age kids in front of me. They asked for a drink and mentioned the promo but the FA told them the email they received this morning was only for Wild Turkey.

nsx Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mdurette (Post 18778625)
I was on an early flight this morning (too early for me to drink) but not for the younger college age kids in front of me. They asked for a drink and mentioned the promo but the FA told them the email they received this morning was only for Wild Turkey.

Baloney. The free drink offer is right on the "Menu" card!

abaheti Jun 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 18778725)

I'm guessing this was a smart flight attendant not wanting to have a frat party in the midst of the business travelers' Monday morning commutes....

:-)

SDCA Jun 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti (Post 18778737)
I'm guessing this was a smart flight attendant not wanting to have a frat party in the midst of the business travelers' Monday morning commutes....

:-)

Frat party on just one free drink?

sg001e Jun 18, 2012 6:03 pm

SWA Birthday

I guess a sale with $41 fares was unlikely this year.

WebDesignGuy Jun 18, 2012 6:11 pm

I flew WN this morning ECP-BWI and the flight attendant mentioned the birthday, but said nothing about free adult beverages. She mentioned that everyone should use their free coupons if they wanted a drink.

Of course, it was a 6am flight, so too early for any alcohol for me, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about it.

lougord99 Jun 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by sg001e (Post 18779184)
I guess a sale with $41 fares was unlikely this year.

No, but a $49 sale ( including all fees and taxes ) is exceedingly likely.

alggag Jun 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 18778725)

Speaking of which, did the menu cards conveniently go missing like they did last year?

boudinboat Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by alggag (Post 18779425)
Speaking of which, did the menu cards conveniently go missing like they did last year?

Haha I'm feeling lucky I was able to cash in on the free drink last Thanksgiving, no strings (or coupons) attached!

bestbet33 Jun 18, 2012 8:23 pm

I asked my FA this afternoon if drinks were free today. He whispered to me "Shhhhhh...only for those who read the menu." I noticed he had his POS ready to go for those who were not privy.

nsx Jun 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by alggag (Post 18779425)

They were present on my flight this morning.

tatterdema Jun 19, 2012 1:00 pm

On my 2pm flight out of LAS, they gave the normal spiel about what drinks they had, and how much. When they came down the aisle, they had their POS ready. I ordered a drink, and had the menu out just in case she tried to charge. When she made the drink announcement, I wanted to stand up and yell DRINKS ON THE HOUSE!

Anyhow, Happy Birthday SW, and thanks for the bloody mary!