SWA Birthday

Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
SWA Birthday

HAPPY 41ST BIRTHDAY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES.

And why do i have a feeling someone is going to chime in on this thread and turn it in to a negative post by b*&%(ing about something regarding Southwest.

Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Happy 41st b~day, Southwest!!

Don't forget to celebrate with a complimentary cocktail if you are flying today!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:00 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
LAX-OAK has a $49 Ding sale today for July, matching the anniversary sale fares that were available only for August 13-November 13. Southwest gave me about $300 for their birthday today!!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by drooley
Happy 41st b~day, Southwest!!

Don't forget to celebrate with a complimentary cocktail if you are flying today!
I was on an early flight this morning (too early for me to drink) but not for the younger college age kids in front of me. They asked for a drink and mentioned the promo but the FA told them the email they received this morning was only for Wild Turkey.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:23 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by mdurette
I was on an early flight this morning (too early for me to drink) but not for the younger college age kids in front of me. They asked for a drink and mentioned the promo but the FA told them the email they received this morning was only for Wild Turkey.
Baloney. The free drink offer is right on the "Menu" card!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
I'm guessing this was a smart flight attendant not wanting to have a frat party in the midst of the business travelers' Monday morning commutes....

:-)
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by abaheti
I'm guessing this was a smart flight attendant not wanting to have a frat party in the midst of the business travelers' Monday morning commutes....

:-)
Frat party on just one free drink?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:03 pm

SWA Birthday

I guess a sale with $41 fares was unlikely this year.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: United Silver
I flew WN this morning ECP-BWI and the flight attendant mentioned the birthday, but said nothing about free adult beverages. She mentioned that everyone should use their free coupons if they wanted a drink.

Of course, it was a 6am flight, so too early for any alcohol for me, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about it.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by sg001e
I guess a sale with $41 fares was unlikely this year.
No, but a $49 sale ( including all fees and taxes ) is exceedingly likely.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by nsx
Speaking of which, did the menu cards conveniently go missing like they did last year?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by alggag
Speaking of which, did the menu cards conveniently go missing like they did last year?
Haha I'm feeling lucky I was able to cash in on the free drink last Thanksgiving, no strings (or coupons) attached!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
I asked my FA this afternoon if drinks were free today. He whispered to me "Shhhhhh...only for those who read the menu." I noticed he had his POS ready to go for those who were not privy.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:37 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by alggag
They were present on my flight this morning.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Silver
On my 2pm flight out of LAS, they gave the normal spiel about what drinks they had, and how much. When they came down the aisle, they had their POS ready. I ordered a drink, and had the menu out just in case she tried to charge. When she made the drink announcement, I wanted to stand up and yell DRINKS ON THE HOUSE!

Anyhow, Happy Birthday SW, and thanks for the bloody mary!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.