FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   T-24: BP B-44. Your worst ever? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1346954-t-24-bp-b-44-your-worst-ever.html)

tennster May 16, 2012 3:27 pm

T-24: BP B-44. Your worst ever?

Checked in this morning exactly at zero hour for tomorrow BWI-RSW and got
B44, my worst EVER, by far. Who has got even worse?

nsx May 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Wow. Show up at the gate early and volunteer for a bump! @:-)

Mr. Vker May 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Through or connecting passengers! They affect a lot of FL flights out of BWI.

InkUnderNails May 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 18589294)
Through or connecting passengers! They affect a lot of FL flights out of BWI.

Connections may force the high number but throughs would not. Lots of throughs makes the ending numbers smaller.

Seat13c May 17, 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 18589800)
Connections may force the high number but throughs would not. Lots of throughs makes the ending numbers smaller.

Its definately the inbound connects in BWI that made the boarding position so far back in the order. Only way to have been able to get arround it is to have bought the EB checkin.

ursine1 May 17, 2012 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 18592604)
Its definately the inbound connects in BWI that made the boarding position so far back in the order. Only way to have been able to get arround it is to have bought the EB checkin.

With WGA, true. Although, if the connecting passengers also bought EBCI they would be ahead of the OP, as their initial flights would check in earlier.

Mr. Vker May 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 18589800)

Duh! That makes sense. The throughs make seats difficult sometimes. But the numbers smaller.

CMK10 May 24, 2012 3:34 pm

T24: B10. It was a Friday PHX-SFO flight and I ended up VDBing off it.

EIPremier May 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 18637144)
T24: B10. It was a Friday PHX-SFO flight and I ended up VDBing off it.

Had A59 at T0 for SAN-SFO on Friday evening. Was continuing service from PHX.

I would love to get a VDB off of WN, but in 8 years of flying with them intra-CA on a fairly consistent basis, I have never seen them in an oversold situation.

CMK10 May 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by EIPremier (Post 18647711)
I would love to get a VDB off of WN, but in 8 years of flying with them intra-CA on a fairly consistent basis, I have never seen them in an oversold situation.

This was a really weird situation. Old 733 that boarded full, then it turned out the plane was broken so we all disembarked to wait on a new aircraft. In that time, some people who had misconnected managed to show up and then they became oversold. They only ended up needing one volunteer and I was lucky enough to respond promptly :D