Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with expiring 1.0 vouchers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

What to do with expiring 1.0 vouchers?

Hello everyone, great info on this forum!

I am a loyal WN customer for many years; I have 2 1.0 vouchers that are set to expire in October 2012. I don't really have any meaningful way to use them before deadline. Can someone let me know what my options are? Can these be extended for a fee or better yet converted to 2.0 points?

I appreciate any input.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:55 am

Log into your WN account and go to https://www.southwest.com/account/ra...transfer-login

At this page you can transfer each WN 1.0 one-way voucher for 8 A+ Rewards credits (1 Standard Award = 16 A+ Rewards Credits). Then turn around and transfer the 16 A+ credits back to WN for a new standard award that will expire in one year.

And if you have any trouble with transfers not showing up during the process, just log out of your WN account and log back in. They should show up after that.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 am
Original Poster

You are THE man (or women)!!!!!!!

It worked like a charm. I LOVE these forums!!!!!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:22 pm

Does anyone know if transferring "credits" also resets the date? I had 4 credits expiring and i transferred them to airtran but the expiration date came with it. If i transfer these 4 credits back to sw will i get a new exp date or is that only on awards?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by stacylee
Does anyone know if transferring "credits" also resets the date? I had 4 credits expiring and i transferred them to airtran but the expiration date came with it. If i transfer these 4 credits back to sw will i get a new exp date or is that only on awards?
The only use less than 16 credits have is in using points to create a standard award.

From the page I linked:

"2: Rapid Rewards Credits can be converted in increments of .25 Credits. Expiration date of newly created A+ Rewards Credits will be the same as the original expiration date of the Rapid Rewards Credits transferred."

"5: Credits can be converted in increments of .25 Credits. Expiration date of newly created Rapid Rewards Credits will be the same as the original expiration date of the A+ Rewards Credits converted. Once you reach 16 total combined Credits in your Rapid Rewards account, an Award will automatically generate, carrying an expiration date of one year from the date the Award was created."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.