Wiki Posts
Search

Points are posting immediately

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
Points are posting immediately

Wow, the last two flights I flew O/W posted almost immediately after the flight terminated. No longer have to wait until the next morning. Does anybody know if they are posting the first leg points of a R/T ticket immediately or still waiting until after the conclusion of the R/T?

Reason I ask is I have already achieved CP for next year. I changed all my flights into R/T's ending in Jan (which means I can double book 2014 points into 2015). It would defeat the purpose if the first leg points book immediately.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:41 pm

No difference for me with two RT this week. Still the next morning.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by Toan
Wow, the last two flights I flew O/W posted almost immediately after the flight terminated. No longer have to wait until the next morning. Does anybody know if they are posting the first leg points of a R/T ticket immediately or still waiting until after the conclusion of the R/T?

Reason I ask is I have already achieved CP for next year. I changed all my flights into R/T's ending in Jan (which means I can double book 2014 points into 2015). It would defeat the purpose if the first leg points book immediately.

I've been debating this thought internally all week.......

Already A+/CP for 2015.......

Current promo gets me 36x points thru November. 2x plus A+ = 36x on BS

Anyone want to enlighten me with some mathematics on if I should drop the 12 points, go down to 24, and make my few flights RT for 2015?

Probably too many variables. CP for 2016 will not be a problem. A+. My guess will be close, plan on flying less.......addicted to that A+ 100 percent point bonus though. They've got ME!!!!!!

Points won't post on RT, until flight is "completed". Think that was part of your question......
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Toan

Haven't booked a "RT" in years. Points from a O/W flown this morning posted in less than an hour after landing. Certainly seems like "something" has changed.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steved5480
Haven't booked a "RT" in years. Points from a O/W flown this morning posted in less than an hour after landing. Certainly seems like "something" has changed.
I fully understand the reasons for booking O/Ws. Have you thought about booking at least some as RTs, with the return flight next year, so that the points post then, giving you a leg up on renewing elite status?

Assuming that you are A+, as it says in your stats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.