Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM
Uber in Charlotte

Anyone with any Uber experience here? I am especially interested in getting a ride from the Ballantyne area to CLT. Will I have a long wait for an UberX ride?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
From the map on https://www.uber.com/cities/charlotte, on the South edge of the city, it looks like they only service inside the 485 loop. Maybe you could drop your pin inside the boundary and then call the driver to see if they would cross down to Ballantyne?

As far as wait time, if I'm planning ahead, I usually open the app a couple of times at a similar time of day to get an idea of how many cars are in the area.

FWIW, last weekend I took a cab in Charlotte, the fare+tip was $23. For the return, Uber-X was under $9. So it's the way to go, if you can make it work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.