Wiki Posts
Search

Best way in/out of BRC and ZCO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Best way in/out of BRC and ZCO

Trying to see if I missed any options. Using standard tools, the only way I can see getting into BRC is from AEP (LA/AR), and out of ZCO is to SCL (LA).

Did I miss any options? Anyone know the tools for finding all options in/out of a South American airport (99% of my experience is NA and international hubs). Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You probably did not miss any air options. I have no idea how feasible or expensive this is, or how long it takes, but you might want to research a bus that takes you from Temuco down to Pto. Varas (or out to Petrohué) and then the boat/bus across to Bariloche.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Thanks much. There's competition AEP-BRC (yet only one flight a day for each carrier?), yet only one carrier ZCO-SCL (though multiple flights a day). I'm guessing that if these cities were in NA, they'd be serviced by EAS. I'll check into ground-transportation, yet as the flights appear to be 1hr+, in that terrain, that might be an all-day trip. Thanks!

Last edited by sbagdon; Nov 4, 2011 at 4:58 am
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Thanks much. There's competition AEP-BRC (yet only one flight a day for each carrier?), yet only one carrier ZCO-SCL (though multiple flights a day). I'm guessing that if these cities were in NA, they'd be serviced by EAS. I'll check into ground-transportation, yet as the flights appear to be 1hr+, in that terrain, that might be an all-day trip. Thanks!
It probably will be an all day trip, but it is a beautiful one. I doubt this would be an EAS-type situation, as (1) it is international, (2) both Chile and Argentina are accustomed to high quality relatively low cost domestic bus services (private companies), (3) there is really very little need for people to get from ZCO to BRC, other than touristic reasons, (4) there is a plethora of airports in the central/southern part of Chile. If the market demanded more service, there would be more.

Temuco is about 100 mi. north of Valdivia
Temuco is about 146 mi. north of Osorno
Temuco is about 210 mi. north of Pto. Montt
Temuco is about 178 mi. south of Concepcion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.