Wiki Posts
Search

Free Upgrades to Family Members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Free Upgrades to Family Members

Hi

Do u know are there any SkyTeam Member whose elite plus members can use free upgrades for their family members also?

I mean if I have a few free business upgrade yearly, can ı use it for the members of my family membership account?

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post23727605

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...l#post23728004

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...l#post23727347

Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think he either means giving awards to his wife or children.. That maybe milage award or bonus awards that some airlines hand out.
For mileage awards yes usually. May need to pay a slight fee or extra mileage to transfer the award but yes you can do it. Bonus award is unlikely/not possible.

If he is refering to op-up's then no. Only if you want to give up your business class seat for your family member then you can do that but you must then sit in his/her seat back in economy. I think the only time i heard is partner op-up on 1 of the USA airlines for domestic operations.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:22 am
Suspended

You are posting your question 4 times.

The only open thread is this one.

Yet Skyteam is not Star Alliance.

Here is a link which might help you.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Sorry about cross posting

I would like to ask about the question marks of TerryK and hiima, It is not clear the title? or u are suprised about the title?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:29 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
AFAIR in skyteam only DL offers free upgrades for their status members flying within the US. Those upgrades would only be offered to the member, not to a companion IMO.

If you use miles or vouchers for an upgrade then IMO any of the airlines will let you "buy" these upgrades for you and travel companions.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:58 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
As requested by members and due to our rules here on flyertalk I'll close this thread.

The thread in the "Information board" section remains open, if you want to continue discussion on this topic: Info Desk: free upgrades to family members

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.