Easiest path to SkyTeam Elite+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easiest path to SkyTeam Elite+

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by nam_sg
... the same for Vietnam Airlines: Titanium (15.000 miles or 20 flights) and Gold (30.000 miles or 30 flights) is STE, Platinum (50.000 miles or 50 flights) is STE+.
Aeromexico also requires about 50k miles to get to STE+, so I guess I may go with them.

Although, I just signed up for their FFP 3 days ago and it says I only have until 7/31/2014 to advance to the next level. I hope this is some kind of mistake.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Is it easy to attain 50k miles on Aeromexico & skyteam partners? Does it accrue 100% on most economy fares?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:29 pm

Smile Any updates?

Hello all, and thanks for the awesome list at the top of this thread. Anything more up to date / new regarding great programs?

My habits: Low # segments, and low/reasonable miles (~40k; intercontinental) per year on mostly personal travel.

Ideally looking for something like Aegean but on the Skyteam group - I'm interested mostly in the LOUNGE ACCESS, so any tips there are appreciated!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite
Only 6 segments left for elite plus

Im based in SHA or PVG, i only have 6 flights left for elite plus, does anybody know the cheapest combination to make the 6 segments at the cheapest price? Im looking all over the net but the fares that earn miles are all over 100usd with tax..
Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, GA Gold, MH Silver
I will suggest flying with GA domestic where u can get flight for as low as usd100 per flight. You can fly PVG CGK then fly CGK SUB DPS SUB CGK PVG
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by mzungu22
Hello all, and thanks for the awesome list at the top of this thread. Anything more up to date / new regarding great programs?

My habits: Low # segments, and low/reasonable miles (~40k; intercontinental) per year on mostly personal travel.

Ideally looking for something like Aegean but on the Skyteam group - I'm interested mostly in the LOUNGE ACCESS, so any tips there are appreciated!
Good luck finding something like Aegean in the skyteam group! If there was one, I bet everyone on here would have published it already.

Are you based in the USA? If you seek lounge access on Delta (I'm guessing you fly Delta), then your best bet would be to buy the delta skyclub membership or get the amex delta reserve card.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Soon to be Garuda but for now, AFKLM Flying Blue gives you STE with 15 segments.
Is this still accurate with respect to Garuda? Do the 15 segments depend upon fare class or are some fare classes ineligible, either in the Garuda or Flying Blue programs when flying Garuda exclusively to earn the segment credits?

Looking for the best program to credit primarily large numbers of short Garuda flights flown on mostly low fare bucket tickets...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Is this still accurate with respect to Garuda? Do the 15 segments depend upon fare class or are some fare classes ineligible, either in the Garuda or Flying Blue programs when flying Garuda exclusively to earn the segment credits?
Generally speaking, if a flight earns level miles in Flying Blue, then it also counts as a level segment towards status.

Fare class does affect mileage earning in Flying Blue - some of the lowest fare classes on Garuda will earn zero miles, and hence they will not count as level segments either. You can check the details on the Flying Blue Garuda page. It seems that Q and T earn 25%, so those fare classes, plus anything higher, should count for segment qualification as well. However, I think there are some lower paid fare classes that earn 0 miles, so you'd need to avoid those. (The website lists O, X, V, H, U, Z, E as earning 0 miles, but I think some of these are non-revenue classes anyway).

I don't know the rules for Garuda's own FFP.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold)
Is it possible to merge any existing Skyteam memberships?
Or eventually move a level of KLM FB to garudaMiles?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by -Kris-
Is it possible to merge any existing Skyteam memberships?
Or eventually move a level of KLM FB to garudaMiles?
I don't think there is any ability in any of the airline alliances to move your membership level across or get a status match.

The only time where this is possible is when there are merger (i.e. Delta and Northwest accounts being merged, United and Continental, and soon American and US Airways).
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's now 50K to attain CI Emerald or 40 Skyteam weighted segments.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
What's the best skyteam program for award flights?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Can someone recomment any sky team members that match frequent flyer status from *A?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I am quite surprise that Vietnam Airlines discounted business class (D class) earn nothing on Alitalia.

Big surprise to me, as I expect all premium class should earn something (at least 100%).

Is this unique to Alitalia?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by lingua101
I am quite surprise that Vietnam Airlines discounted business class (D class) earn nothing on Alitalia....
Where did you read that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.