Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam Miles earning (SkyTeam Newbie Question)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Hi FlyerTalk,

I've been reading through FlyerTalk for the past few months (there's a LOT) and this is my first post. Its such a newbie question that I've actually been embarrassed to post it but I figured its better to look silly then to not learn.

Currently, I'm living in Azerbaijan as a Peace Corps Volunteer and this past summer I flew home to America for a wedding. Towards America I flew 2 Aeroflot segments, 1 KLM, 1 Delta. Coming back I took 1 KLM segment and 2 Aeroflot. All were on the SkyTeam alliance so I was anticipating receiving about 14k miles using my Delta SkyMiles #.

However, I get my account balance upon trip completion and find that its a bit under 10k. I was only credited for KLM and Delta legs, not Aeroflot.

What did I do wrong here? Shouldn't I have received miles for my Aeroflot segments? What should I do next time to ensure I don't waste these earned miles?

Thanks for your help. I hope I'm not wasting your time with such a newbie question!

Best,
Josh
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:09 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
What program are you crediting to?

If it's Delta as you are from the US:

- check whether the Aeroflot fare bucket you bought the ticket under is not excluded from earning miles - http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php#SU

- if it is eligible, send a copy of your ticket and boarding passes to the address listed here - https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about....jsp#acct_disc

Similar procedures would apply to other ST programs.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. Looks like I should have received miles from aeroflot for this.

Seems like I have to give them a window period of crediting my account (), but I've marked it in my ical so hopefully I'll get it worked out.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: DL FO
If it is not posted within 2 weeks for airline activity if you gave your FFP number at check-in, you can send your boarding pass. But do not forget to make a copy of them before sending your mail. You never know!
It can be longer for miles to post for non-airline activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.