Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Admin Fee on a false positive red light camera citation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Received an email today from SIXT, informing me that I'm being charged $40 admin fee for a traffic violation on a recent rental. Fair enough.

Go to view the citation information, red light camera, there is a nice little video of me doing a right turn on a red light (perfectly legal in Florida when not sign posted otherwise). It also clearly states the citation is cancelled, got reviewed by a human after and it's clear it was a false positive.

Is SIXT in the right to still charge me a fee for providing my information to this company for a false positive traffic violation? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate, prior to sending me a notification, to verify the citation is valid?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Sounds like a crappy deal to me. Not guilty verdicts don't incur courts costs.........that's on the state
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sure, but Sixt isn't the State, it's a private company and it's charging you a fee as per the contract you agreed to. The fee is to do the back office administrative work and has nothing to do with whether you committed the violation.

Whether you committed the violation is between you and whatever local authority is issuing the citation.

If you want, you can sue the local authority for the $40. Good luck with that.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Sure, but Sixt isn't the State, it's a private company and it's charging you a fee as per the contract you agreed to. The fee is to do the back office administrative work and has nothing to do with whether you committed the violation.

Whether you committed the violation is between you and whatever local authority is issuing the citation.

If you want, you can sue the local authority for the $40. Good luck with that.
Sure, I would typically agree. However I was sent this notice yesterday, if the rep did their due diligence to check if the citation was valid, they would not have generated this notice. I'm not saying argue on my behalf but simply log in to see the citation states CANCELLED, before sending it to me or forwarding my information, it would have been apparent that no further action needs to be taken.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear, I am no fan of Sixt, a horrible little company and you can forget about customer service.

But, in this instance, there is no reason for Sixt to do any due diligence. Sixt receives batch requests which associate a given plate with a given renter, e.g. you, on a given date. It batch processes those and sends those along. No human being reviews anything, nor do they have any reason to do so.

That is because it is not for Sixt to make any decisions. Sixt receives a demand for information and it fulfills that request. It passes the information on. The fault is 100% with the jurisdiction which made the request for not cancelling it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just email Sixt. They may just waive/refund it.

Had a parking ticket in Germany which I paid the same day it was issued by bank transfer. Weeks later I got ding for the admin fee. I replied that this is was already paid prior to Sixt getting wind of it. They refunded the admin charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.