Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID travel updates for Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

COVID travel updates for Singapore

Going by this report from Bloomberg, it seems utter chaos is ruling in Singapore now. Sad state of affairs/
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA
Where's the outcry about separating families and children? or abandoning pets? This is insanity.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:50 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Here is a screenshot of one more such experience:

Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
OMG. After reading this I may cancel my early February trip to Singapore.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I have zero hopes to see SG and/ or Bali before 2023....
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:38 am

Another sad example proving that this is really a pandemic of panic.
No thanks to 'daily crisis - watch me media' and social media.
Even Bloomberg fed this in the article by calling this latest and lesser strain of Covid-19 just 'omicron' to hype the nonexistent threat. Sounds ominous, doesn't it?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:48 am

All of this may turn out to be true, but that is an opinion piece filled with "many people are saying" and not actual news. And it's not even an opinion piece on the main Bloomberg site.
renila, CMK10, Cthunder86 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113
OMG. After reading this I may cancel my early February trip to Singapore.
Not suggesting what anyone else should do, but, as non-scientist layman, it appears to me there's a more than even chance that I'll probably at some point by March have some contact with Omicron. I'm leaning towards rescheduling all leisure trips abroad until mid-March when I hope this thing has peaked and, more or less, burned itself out.

The last thing I want is to risk catching this very contagious strain on foreign soil.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This isn’t really big news. I’d hate to test positive when arriving in Thailand, UK, Canada, etc etc.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
This isn’t really big news. I’d hate to test positive when arriving in Thailand, UK, Canada, etc etc.
It's not about testing positive. People are thrown into hotel jail because of being in the same plane with someone with positive test, without due process, and with negative test themselves.
tai4de2, LETTERBOY, Kacee and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I'm not afraid of testing positive there if they are reasonable about it. The idea of being forced to share a hotel room with a stranger is insanity. I hope that this gets straightened out soon.
tai4de2, LETTERBOY and Visconti like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Unbelievable! All I can say is glad I already cancelled our (much delayed) April 2022 trip to Singapore. Hopefully things will be better by 2023.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 4:38 pm

For above reasons I'll NOT travel to any country that requires testing upon arrival. Just not.

I'm fully vaccinated AND boosted, and if necessary, will do testing prior to departure (but destinations requiring that will already be lower on my priority list) - but I won't travel anywhere right now where testing on arrival is required.
tai4de2, MSPeconomist and ewoo like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fast passenger
All of this may turn out to be true, but that is an opinion piece filled with "many people are saying" and not actual news. And it's not even an opinion piece on the main Bloomberg site.
It is very much on the main Bloomberg site, which sits behind a paywall. For that reason, I posted a link from one of their subsidiary sites that is easily accessible to all. Please check your facts before you post.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Those of you who want to read the quite detailed experience of someone who went thru being jailed at NCID, read the link below. Here is one passage from it

We talk about being a nation which is more open and supportive of people with mental health issues, but I felt that my experience was the exact opposite of that – it created an environment of anger, fear, anxiety and helplessness which even strong-willed individuals may find a challenge to stomach. Once again, the very worst part of it all is that there is no fixed date as to when you can leave – it could be 10 days after first PCR, 13 days after first PCR – there is just no way for you to know when you can finally leave the box that is your room.
Testing positive for Omicron on arrival in Singapore: One reader’s experience

The above quote is from a Singaporean citizen, and Singaporeans, as mentioned here a number of times, would accept anything coming from their government without questioning. And if such kind of reaction is from a local, you would imagine what would be a reaction from a person who came from a society where due process is part of life.
tai4de2, LETTERBOY and ewoo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.