FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Ambassador Transit Hotel -need connecting flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1993454-ambassador-transit-hotel-need-connecting-flight.html)

chavala Oct 30, 2019 11:47 am

Ambassador Transit Hotel -need connecting flight?

Do you need to be on a connecting flight to stay here?
I've stayed many times but this time I arrive at 1:00 AM (no checked bag), and would prefer to sleep for a few hours before going into the city (and not pay for an additional night at The Westin!)
I can't remember if they ask for a BP at check-in, but the website does ask for connecting flight info.

paperwastage Oct 30, 2019 1:37 pm

People on this forum have done that before

With no checks bags, pretty straight forward. (With bags, you cannot go thru immigration to pick them up - have to leave them unattended at carousel , swept up after 1-2 hours, and go thru customs & pick them up in the morning at the baggage office)

There's also a relatively new Yotel in Jewel/T1, if you want something different (or want to go thru immigration before sleeping, or want to explore Jewel at 2am)

chavala Oct 30, 2019 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage (Post 31683088)
People on this forum have done that before

With no checks bags, pretty straight forward. (With bags, you cannot go thru immigration to pick them up - have to leave them unattended at carousel , swept up after 1-2 hours, and go thru customs & pick them up in the morning at the baggage office)

There's also a relatively new Yotel in Jewel/T1, if you want something different (or want to go thru immigration before sleeping, or want to explore Jewel at 2am)

Yes but I thought I remember them asking me for a departure BP at check-in.
But you're saying the hotel doesn't care?
When filling out the reservations form, it forces me to put in a departure flight. I guess I can just make one up?

paperwastage Oct 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 31683232)
Yes but I thought I remember them asking me for a departure BP at check-in.
But you're saying the hotel doesn't care?
When filling out the reservations form, it forces me to put in a departure flight. I guess I can just make one up?

Many anecdotes of people doing this (final destination is Singapore not transiting, arrive at 1am and stay airside to sleep in transit hotel and go thru customs the next day)

Eg:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...t-hotel-2.html

OskiBear Oct 30, 2019 11:18 pm

It may have changed, but a couple of years ago, a group of us (4 people) arrived on an overnight at 5am and we checked in for a few hours to sleep until later in the morning, figuring we wouldn't be able to check into our hotel room that early. We had no issues at the time with the transit hotel. However, they may have clamped down on this.

MSPeconomist Oct 30, 2019 11:32 pm

I've done it too, but not real recently.

I've also done it in the other direction, when departing from SIN on SQ (which permits check in 48 hours in advance at the airport) in order to enjoy TPL in the evening (for dinner?) after checking out of my hotel (late due to elite status) when I have an early morning flight (after returning to TPL for breakfast). [Of course one could also check in and go airside the evening before an early morning flight in order to enjoy SIN airport with its movie theater, butterfly garden, etc.}

chavala Oct 31, 2019 2:43 am

Thanks all. I think I’ll just print myself a fake itinerary just in case : )

paperwastage Oct 31, 2019 3:03 am

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 31685101)
Thanks all. I think I’ll just print myself a fake itinerary just in case : )

No, do not do this. Very very bad idea

At Changi, someone missed their flight and forged boarding passes to stay at airside lounges. Got jailed.
Fake itinerary isn't as bad, but if they do check/verify, you could get into some trouble.

If you want peace of mind, call them

chavala Oct 31, 2019 5:34 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage (Post 31685128)
No, do not do this. Very very bad idea

At Changi, someone missed their flight and forged boarding passes to stay at airside lounges. Got jailed.
Fake itinerary isn't as bad, but if they do check/verify, you could get into some trouble.

If you want peace of mind, call them

I never said I was forging a boarding pass OR trying to get into a lounge, so please calm down! ; )
All I wanted to know is if they still ask for departing flight info to check into my PAID hotel room.
I’m good now. Thanks for your help.

paperwastage Nov 1, 2019 1:43 am

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 31685386)
I never said I was forging a boarding pass OR trying to get into a lounge, so please calm down! ; )
All I wanted to know is if they still ask for departing flight info to check into my PAID hotel room.
I’m good now. Thanks for your help.

And I'm letting just you know that it's a bad idea to present any type of fake documentation in Changi - they can be quite straight and immigration could deny you entry because you presented a fake itinerary , regardless of your actual intent

The transit lounges/hotels do check that you have a valid/legitmate boarding pass to remain airside during your stay, passing off a fake itinerary invites trouble

Staying at airside hotel upon arrival at 2am considered a valid reason? Afaik (and other people), yes

chavala Nov 1, 2019 3:18 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage (Post 31688860)
And I'm letting just you know that it's a bad idea to present any type of fake documentation in Changi - they can be quite straight and immigration could deny you entry because you presented a fake itinerary , regardless of your actual intent

The transit lounges/hotels do check that you have a valid/legitmate boarding pass to remain airside during your stay, passing off a fake itinerary invites trouble

Staying at airside hotel upon arrival at 2am considered a valid reason? Afaik (and other people), yes

So let me get this straight. You posted TWICE upthread it is no problem to stay here without a departing flight, and you say people do it all the time.
Now you say I need a boarding pass.
You are clearly making this up. For the life of me I can’t figure out why you would do that. You have just lost all credibility IMO.

For anyone reading this , I just got a reply from the Ambassador Transit Hotel manager:

If Guest is entering singapore after check out ,Departure boarding pass will not be require .”

paperwastage Nov 1, 2019 3:35 am

Boarding pass from your departure airport is valid at changi. The lounge/transit hotel wants to see one when you using it upon arrival or transiting

I didn't say you need a changi boarding pass

Basically, I'm saying that transit louge/hotel checks that you have a valid reason to belong airside.if you present a fake itinerary, it can cause trouble for you

When I use lounge upon arrival at Changi, they always ask to see my boarding pass (from another airport), they remark that I'm using it as arrival lounge and have a time limit etc

paperwastage Nov 1, 2019 5:04 am

To make it clear

A Changi departure boarding pass isn't needed to access transit lounge/hotel on arrival... But you need some sort of boarding pass to show that you are in the transit area legitimately, and a fake itinerary is the worse way to do that

Youreached out to the hotel, got your answer

With that, I'll stop responding

chavala Nov 1, 2019 8:25 am

Obviously I just got off a plane so I am airside legitimately. How else would someone even get there, by sneaking in?
Yes PLEASE STOP.

beep88 Nov 7, 2019 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 31689811)
How else would someone even get there, by sneaking in?

https://onemileatatime.com/changi-ai...g-pass-misuse/
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/s...est/index.html