Reload this Page >

Singapore Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:09 pm

Just remember that the bar is separate from the pool. So you can't sneak into the pool after after hitting the bar. I guess you could dive into the pool from the bar, but I'm not sure how deep it is. Nor am I sure how quickly the guards will drag you out of the pool
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Madone59
Can anyone confirm if this is still true? Not the price of the wine, but that it's a easy way to get the view for cheapish
There are multiple facilities at the top (L57) of MBS. Some are accessible by non-hotel guests, some - are not.

Pool (on top) and lounge (at L55) overlooking Marina Bay: accessible only to hotel guests, each guest needs separate hotel key to enter.

Observation deck : accessible by public, $23 per entry. You pay before going up and scan ticket's barcode at the gate.

Bars/dining: there are three, one at each tower. Ce La Vi at Tower 3, Spargo at Tower 2 and LAVO at Tower 1.
Ce La Vi requires that you pay $20 per person in terms of vouchers just to go up which then you can use for (obviously very overpriced) drinks and food. However, their fries are surprisingly good. There is a bar and restaurant. Views are on both sides.
Spargo does not have access at view on Marina Bay side, it is blocked by pool, but view towards south to Gardens is available. Also for Spargo you do not need to pay first to go to top.
LAVO up to recently did not require you to pay upfront before going, views are on both sides, but pretty much as soon as you get out from the elevator, they stick drinks menu in your hand and expecting to make order. You can politely ask them to show which seats/tables are available and once you select your place, you can/must order at something from menu.

Both for LAVO and Ce La Vi best time to go up to have a chance to find a table overlooking the bay is around 5PM-6PM and wait for sunset and see how color changes. If you go up after 8PM most likely it will be extremely noisy and busy.

Alternatively, these places give overview of Marina Bay from opposite side:

Lighthouse Bar at the top of Fullerton Hotel. No cover charge, can go up, take photos and if you feel it - stay and order a drink
Lantern at the top of Fullerton Bay hotel. The same - go up, walk around and decide of you want to stay and eat/drink something.
1-Altitude ($35/$45 entrance fee)
Zafferano (restaurant, no fixed cover charge)
And completely free access is at the top of National Gallery. It is further away but still gives quite good views of Marina Bay
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Good run down, wish I had the info. Before I visited Singapore in June.

I considered going up to the observation desk but I wanted to take long exposure photos at night and they said no tripods when I asked.

Just as well, there are plenty of good views from all the promenades. To take photos from up high, maybe drones?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by wco81
To take photos from up high, maybe drones?
Without police authorization it for sure will get you into quite serious troubles.

Honestly, after what happened at Gatwick and other drone related incidents, seems law enforcement by default starts to assume that drones are more trouble than just innocent hobby tool. If you plan to use it anywhere make sure that you get authorization beforehand.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
There are multiple facilities at the top (L57) of MBS. Some are accessible by non-hotel guests, some - are not.

Pool (on top) and lounge (at L55) overlooking Marina Bay: accessible only to hotel guests, each guest needs separate hotel key to enter.

Observation deck : accessible by public, $23 per entry. You pay before going up and scan ticket's barcode at the gate.

Bars/dining: there are three, one at each tower. Ce La Vi at Tower 3, Spargo at Tower 2 and LAVO at Tower 1.
Ce La Vi requires that you pay $20 per person in terms of vouchers just to go up which then you can use for (obviously very overpriced) drinks and food. However, their fries are surprisingly good. There is a bar and restaurant. Views are on both sides.
Spargo does not have access at view on Marina Bay side, it is blocked by pool, but view towards south to Gardens is available. Also for Spargo you do not need to pay first to go to top.
LAVO up to recently did not require you to pay upfront before going, views are on both sides, but pretty much as soon as you get out from the elevator, they stick drinks menu in your hand and expecting to make order. You can politely ask them to show which seats/tables are available and once you select your place, you can/must order at something from menu.

Both for LAVO and Ce La Vi best time to go up to have a chance to find a table overlooking the bay is around 5PM-6PM and wait for sunset and see how color changes. If you go up after 8PM most likely it will be extremely noisy and busy.

Lighthouse Bar at the top of Fullerton Hotel. No cover charge, can go up, take photos and if you feel it - stay and order a drink
Lantern at the top of Fullerton Bay hotel. The same - go up, walk around and decide of you want to stay and eat/drink something.
And completely free access is at the top of National Gallery. It is further away but still gives quite good views of Marina Bay
Wow this is a great summary. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Lighthouse bar at Fullerton hotel is fabulous, great cocktails and has cuban cigars (with proper lighters and crystal ash trays). Access is a bit of an adventure (2 different elevators and climb up to the roof on a fire escape type iron staircase which would probably not be allowed at a US hotel). Great view but can be windy. Relatively unknown, not busy compared to similar venues, and drink prices are Singapore standard so no premium for its fine facilities.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by invisible

This truly is a great list. I should add that anyone who wants to go to these places should book!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:07 am

Folks heading to Singapore next year for the first time. Was considering staying here for at least 1 of my nights but question regarding the rooftop pool. Obviously, I've seen some pretty incredible photos. My question is if you have to deal with big crowds to get that iconic photo? Is it relatively easy to get the photo without being photo bombed or is it extremely difficult? Don't want to pay $500 a night if I can't get the pic.

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:23 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Folks heading to Singapore next year for the first time. Was considering staying here for at least 1 of my nights but question regarding the rooftop pool. Obviously, I've seen some pretty incredible photos. My question is if you have to deal with big crowds to get that iconic photo? Is it relatively easy to get the photo without being photo bombed or is it extremely difficult? Don't want to pay $500 a night if I can't get the pic.

Thanks!
Well, I guess it depends which picture exactly you're trying to get, but when I was there for a weekend stay in January, the pool itself was not too crowded ... and in my view the most iconic picture is right up against the back wall overlooking the city, at which point it's impossible for anyone to get behind you / photobomb you, so that should be fairly easy. The lounge chairs and the broader pool area definitely did get busy so if you want a picture of yourself in an empty pool then you will be out of luck, but getting a picture overlooking the city isn't too hard.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also,
You can buy a combined Observation deck + frozen singapore sling drink ticket for S$29 ( ie S$6 for the drink). and is shown on your ticket . At the bar on the observation deck you show your ticket and get your drink . ( other drinks are available to buy). The drink is more like a frozen slushie ( but not bad on a hot day)

An example of the view;

View of the Gardens on the Bay from the Marina Bay sands observation deck ( mobile phone)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Well, I guess it depends which picture exactly you're trying to get, but when I was there for a weekend stay in January, the pool itself was not too crowded ... and in my view the most iconic picture is right up against the back wall overlooking the city, at which point it's impossible for anyone to get behind you / photobomb you, so that should be fairly easy. The lounge chairs and the broader pool area definitely did get busy so if you want a picture of yourself in an empty pool then you will be out of luck, but getting a picture overlooking the city isn't too hard.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:18 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Getting quite that much empty pool behind and beside you in the shot may be a bit challenging, though it's probably achievable first thing in the morning and maybe occasionally throughout the day. But if you're willing to settle for the camera being a little closer to the subject, it's achievable.

The picture here for example is easy to get.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Getting quite that much empty pool behind and beside you in the shot may be a bit challenging, though it's probably achievable first thing in the morning and maybe occasionally throughout the day. But if you're willing to settle for the camera being a little closer to the subject, it's achievable.

The picture here for example is easy to get.
Thanks, I had that thought as well.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
I can't tell if it's special effects but it looks like it's quite blurry in the background so it might have been during the haze when fewer people would have been outside.

The water seems smooth which suggests there wasn't anyone else in the pool to cause waves
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:14 pm

Hello all! I will be spending 3 nights in Singapore (en route to Bali) for my honeymoon, and already have 2 nights at the Conrad booked! We wanted to do our final night at the MBS, but for some reason our night is currently at ~$1200 SGD. No other dates in the month prior or post have prices that high. Is there something happening in Singapore the June 26-28, 2020 weekend?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.