Wiki Posts
Search

Universal Singapore--worth a visit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Universal Singapore--worth a visit?

I can't find anything meaningful on this. I will be in Singapore briefly and know the city already but haven't been to Sentosa. I've been to Universal in LA many times. Is Universal Singapore worth a visit and paying extra for the front of line pass?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
If you're used to LA, you will find this one disappointing.

I'd probably find something else to do on Sentosa.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:00 pm

Agree. It is the poor man's version.

However, if you're in Sentosa on a fri-sun evening, i believe you can pay a token sum ($5 or $7) and gain entry to Universal. The rides will not be open but there might be some street acts. the food outlets are open and you can walk around the sites.

IMO, that's more worthwhile than a day at the theme park itself.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
You'd be better off day-tripping (by taxi) to JB or (by plane) to KL.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:19 pm

I have not been yet to Universal Singapore but will pay the place a visit when I am next in that part of the world.
It looks like a scaled down version of the one in LA which is no bad thing having been to that one twice and loved it.
I have also been to Warner Brothers Movie World on the Gold Coast Australia which until now was the closest thing Australians could get to a Hollywood type experience without flying to the USA but doesn't compare.
So based on all these judgements I suggest do a visit to Universal Singapore You will love it.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
its ok, nothing fancy.
its like HK Disneyland compared to LA Disneyland
smaller, scaled down and just lots and lots of merchandise.
If you have family/kids or haven't been to any of the others recently its ok.

The main places that are open are the Jurassic Park rides, the Mummy ride, and the Shrek area, a little hollywood area. The 2 coasters will be back open this Feb. The Madagascar ride is yet to open and they plan to open a Transformer ride sometime in 2011.

So spend the whole day and try the place out, just dont expect anything over the top or too much, else you'll be disappointed.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
How are the crowds? Is it worth paying for the front of the line pass?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: *A Gold
If you have been to Universal parks in the US it is not worth it. Otherwise it is a lot of fun.

The express line pass is worth it for certain timings of the year. If you are coming on a weekday when school is not out, it is not worth it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.