Wiki Posts
Search

YVR-ICN 1 stop?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
YVR-ICN 1 stop?

I made a reservation on the SQ website, YVR - ICN.
When I logged in later to check and print out my reservation I found the following:

Thu 10 Nov 2005
Flight Departs Arrives
SQ 17 12:40 Vancouver (YVR - Vancouver Intl)
17:15 Seoul (ICN - Incheon Intl) (11 Nov)
Stop(s) 1
Cabin Economy

Mon 21 Nov 2005
Flight Departs Arrives
SQ 18 18:15 Seoul(ICN - Incheon Intl)
11:05 Vancouver(YVR - Vancouver Intl)
Stop(s) Nonstop
Cabin Economy

On Nov. 10th it shows 1 Stop. Is that just a glitch in the system as this flight continues on to Singapore and it's a one stop service between YVR - SIN or are they really scheduling a stop between YVR and ICN on that parituclar day?
I called reservations here in Vancouver but SQ had no idea what I was talking about and according to them it's a nonstop.
For the return it does show the nonstop just the outbound it shows 1 stop.
If anybody has any info regarding this flight would very much appreciate it.
Thank You.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Oct 29, 2005 at 6:42 pm
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hey,

Its probably just a glitch. All other websites and KVS are showing it as a nonstop

Cheers
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:39 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
It must be a glitch in SQ web-site. SQ17/18 are nonstop YVR-ICN
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Thank you for the quick responses, that's what I thought too, but was wondering if they were maybe planning an unschedule stop for that day for whatever reason.
Their website does seem to have a few problems still, though I like their new choices for Super Saver/Flexi and Fully Flexi. Fares are much better then AC and still gives Status Miles on Flexi and Fully Flexi fares.
Is it true that their 777-200 ER for this flight has 34 inches of seat pitch in Economy? That's according to Seat Guru.
I have flown this sector many times but in Raffles, this is the first time in Economy, I am flying together with my father.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Its a glitch. When I booked a SIN-BKK roundtrip that included the SIN-BKK flight which continues on to KIX, it showed my SIN-BKK segment as 1-stop
Old Oct 30, 2005, 1:50 am

I'm doing YVR-ICN on 7/Nov and it says 1 stop too on my PNR.

Guess what on my 27/Oct SIN-ICN-YVR, it was showing non-stop
Old Oct 30, 2005, 1:29 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 9V-JKL
I'm doing YVR-ICN on 7/Nov and it says 1 stop too on my PNR.
There must have been some kind of an error when the routing data was entered for that flight: In Amadeus, it say 0 stops, but also says departs YVR Terminal M, arrives SIN Terminal 2 ...
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
There really isnt many places to stop between ICN and YVR if you look at a map - must be a glitch per the other posters.

Would be fun to speculate - Anchorage is the only place I can think off.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I've had the same bug in one of my PNR's. Mr. Megatop and I are flying BKK-NRT vv. on the new nonstop service. The BKK-NRT leg, which is the continuation of an evening flight originating in SIN, shows up as "nonstop." The NRT-BKK leg, which naturally continues on to SIN, shows up as 1 stop. The times displayed don't allow for any stops anywhere. Must be some bug when you book only one leg of a through-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.