FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Can Bose headphones be used in Spacebeds? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/365326-can-bose-headphones-used-spacebeds.html)

Buster CT1K Oct 21, 2004 9:30 am

Can Bose headphones be used in Spacebeds?

I am flying on the 747-400 JFK-FRA next month. Raffles Class, upper deck. Is the Bose headphone system compatible with the Raffles Class entertainment system?

If so, are SQ's headphones better than Bose?

miki13331 Oct 21, 2004 12:07 pm

the person sitting next to me last week was using his bose headphones,

the bose headphones are better than the ones SQ provide.

DoctorWu Oct 21, 2004 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I am flying on the 747-400 JFK-FRA next month. Raffles Class, upper deck. Is the Bose headphone system compatible with the Raffles Class entertainment system?

If so, are SQ's headphones better than Bose?

Having splurged on a set of Bose QuietComfort 2 noise-cancelling headphones earlier this year, I can vouch for their compatibility with the Raffles Class sound output sockets. They're also a fair bit better than the standard-issue SQ headphones. :) In fact Economy is quite pleasurable with the Bose headphones shutting out most of the sound. And it does attract attention from the inflight staff. :D

Savage25 Oct 21, 2004 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorWu
Having splurged on a set of Bose QuietComfort 2 noise-cancelling headphones earlier this year, I can vouch for their compatibility with the Raffles Class sound output sockets. They're also a fair bit better than the standard-issue SQ headphones. :)

I second the statement above ^

Originally Posted by DoctorWu
In fact Economy is quite pleasurable with the Bose headphones shutting out most of the sound. And it does attract attention from the inflight staff. :D

As posted in an earlier thread, this is an unpublished benefit of owning a set of QC2s :D

Keithl Oct 21, 2004 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
As posted in an earlier thread, this is an unpublished benefit of owning a set of QC2s :D

Absolutely ^ , on one occasion, a FA said: "Wow, Freqent Traveller". :cool:

SOMA1K Oct 21, 2004 7:29 pm

SONY Noise Canceling Ear Buds?

How about the SONY ear buds? Am flying SIN to CPT 3 Nov.

SOMA1K Oct 21, 2004 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by SOMA1K
How about the SONY ear buds? Am flying SIN to CPT 3 Nov.

Think I answered my own question by looking at the Bose site. Looks like the 2 prong adapter might work for the SONY as well. Has anyone actually tried? Thanks.

Savage25 Oct 21, 2004 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by SOMA1K
Think I answered my own question by looking at the Bose site. Looks like the 2 prong adapter might work for the SONY as well. Has anyone actually tried? Thanks.

Up until last year I was using the Sony NC20...they worked fine as well with the 2 prong adapter that came with the headphones. Should be the same with the ear buds.

1kBill Oct 22, 2004 10:22 am

FA's always tell me to remove my QC2's during landing prep. I can think of two reasons: 1) they think I will hear better without them (which is absolutely bogus) and 2) there will be one less distraction in the event of an emergency (which probaby has some validity.)

Any other ideas?

Savage25 Oct 22, 2004 11:29 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill
FA's always tell me to remove my QC2's during landing prep. I can think of two reasons: 1) they think I will hear better without them (which is absolutely bogus) and 2) there will be one less distraction in the event of an emergency (which probaby has some validity.)

Any other ideas?

I don't really mind since 80% of my flights are in Y, mostly in the exit row and it gives me a chance to have a quick chat with the FAs in the jumpseat :D

SNA1K Oct 22, 2004 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
Up until last year I was using the Sony NC20...they worked fine as well with the 2 prong adapter that came with the headphones. Should be the same with the ear buds.

I use my NC-10's all the time with the 2 prong adaptor--no problem at all.

Torsten71 Oct 25, 2004 12:45 am

Vote for the Sony

As stated before, the Bose as well as the Sony are compatible with the plugs in the spacebeds. For me, the Sonys work better, because with them I can even sleep on my side (works best with two cushions). The Bose are too big for that. And of course, more expensive. That said, if the noise reduction and the sound is the most important, you may be happier with the Bose.
And yes - the Bose get the crew attention, whilst the Sony do not. I prefer not to have any tech talk with the FAs. YMMV.

Cheers,
Torsten

jjpb3 Oct 25, 2004 6:09 am

In economy class, I've found the Bose headphones combine well with the travel pillow from www.thejetrest.com. The additional bulk from the pillow is something many people would rather not deal with, but I think the pillow scrunches up pretty tightly. The extra comfort when sleeping compensates for the bother, IMO. (Of course, flying in premium cabins would be an even nicer solution.) ;)