Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can Bose headphones be used in Spacebeds?

Old Oct 21, 04, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.

I am flying on the 747-400 JFK-FRA next month. Raffles Class, upper deck. Is the Bose headphone system compatible with the Raffles Class entertainment system?

If so, are SQ's headphones better than Bose?
Old Oct 21, 04, 1:07 pm

the person sitting next to me last week was using his bose headphones,

the bose headphones are better than the ones SQ provide.
Old Oct 21, 04, 6:20 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I am flying on the 747-400 JFK-FRA next month. Raffles Class, upper deck. Is the Bose headphone system compatible with the Raffles Class entertainment system?

If so, are SQ's headphones better than Bose?
Having splurged on a set of Bose QuietComfort 2 noise-cancelling headphones earlier this year, I can vouch for their compatibility with the Raffles Class sound output sockets. They're also a fair bit better than the standard-issue SQ headphones. In fact Economy is quite pleasurable with the Bose headphones shutting out most of the sound. And it does attract attention from the inflight staff.
Old Oct 21, 04, 6:27 pm

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DoctorWu
Having splurged on a set of Bose QuietComfort 2 noise-cancelling headphones earlier this year, I can vouch for their compatibility with the Raffles Class sound output sockets. They're also a fair bit better than the standard-issue SQ headphones.
I second the statement above ^

Originally Posted by DoctorWu
In fact Economy is quite pleasurable with the Bose headphones shutting out most of the sound. And it does attract attention from the inflight staff.
As posted in an earlier thread, this is an unpublished benefit of owning a set of QC2s
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Savage25
As posted in an earlier thread, this is an unpublished benefit of owning a set of QC2s
Absolutely ^ , on one occasion, a FA said: "Wow, Freqent Traveller".
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:29 pm

SONY Noise Canceling Ear Buds?

How about the SONY ear buds? Am flying SIN to CPT 3 Nov.
Old Oct 21, 04, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by SOMA1K
How about the SONY ear buds? Am flying SIN to CPT 3 Nov.
Think I answered my own question by looking at the Bose site. Looks like the 2 prong adapter might work for the SONY as well. Has anyone actually tried? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 04, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by SOMA1K
Think I answered my own question by looking at the Bose site. Looks like the 2 prong adapter might work for the SONY as well. Has anyone actually tried? Thanks.
Up until last year I was using the Sony NC20...they worked fine as well with the 2 prong adapter that came with the headphones. Should be the same with the ear buds.
Old Oct 22, 04, 11:22 am

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
FA's always tell me to remove my QC2's during landing prep. I can think of two reasons: 1) they think I will hear better without them (which is absolutely bogus) and 2) there will be one less distraction in the event of an emergency (which probaby has some validity.)

Any other ideas?
Old Oct 22, 04, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill
FA's always tell me to remove my QC2's during landing prep. I can think of two reasons: 1) they think I will hear better without them (which is absolutely bogus) and 2) there will be one less distraction in the event of an emergency (which probaby has some validity.)

Any other ideas?
I don't really mind since 80% of my flights are in Y, mostly in the exit row and it gives me a chance to have a quick chat with the FAs in the jumpseat
Old Oct 22, 04, 4:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
Up until last year I was using the Sony NC20...they worked fine as well with the 2 prong adapter that came with the headphones. Should be the same with the ear buds.
I use my NC-10's all the time with the 2 prong adaptor--no problem at all.
Old Oct 25, 04, 1:45 am

Vote for the Sony

As stated before, the Bose as well as the Sony are compatible with the plugs in the spacebeds. For me, the Sonys work better, because with them I can even sleep on my side (works best with two cushions). The Bose are too big for that. And of course, more expensive. That said, if the noise reduction and the sound is the most important, you may be happier with the Bose.
And yes - the Bose get the crew attention, whilst the Sony do not. I prefer not to have any tech talk with the FAs. YMMV.

Cheers,
Torsten
Old Oct 25, 04, 7:09 am

In economy class, I've found the Bose headphones combine well with the travel pillow from www.thejetrest.com. The additional bulk from the pillow is something many people would rather not deal with, but I think the pillow scrunches up pretty tightly. The extra comfort when sleeping compensates for the bother, IMO. (Of course, flying in premium cabins would be an even nicer solution.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: