Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Meal service on SQ001 SFO→SIN(via HKG)and SQ019 LAX→SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2004, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K,SQ*G,Marriott PLT,HH GOLD,IHG PLTAMB

I will aborad SQ001 SFO→SIN(via HKG) or SQ019 LAX→SIN on raffles class this month.
What is meal service SQ001 and SQ019 ? And what is different from dinner and supper ?
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Hi Kideyuki,

I just flew SQ019 (LAX-SIN) two days ago...so can tell you a bit about the meals. You get 2 full meal service on this flight: 1) start off with dinner upon leaving LAX and then breakfast 3 hours before arriving in Singapore. There's also 3-4 types of hot snacks if you get hungry during your flight.

Dinner:
For Dinner, I had "book the cook" so didn't have the menu. As I recalled, the menu offered: (1) Lobster thermador (2) Chicken dish (3) Sirloin Steak with pepper sauce I think (4) and some type of fish which was followed by cheese serivce and then dessert (1) Ice cream (2) Raspberry cake

For Breakfast, there were 1) Chinese Dimsum 2) Hallibut in a hot sauce 3) Hotcakes, eggs, sausage

For Snacks there were 1) Omelete with Sausage, hotcakes and smoothies 2) Noodle with Duck meat 3) Hallibut fish

Overall great meal
Old Jul 4, 2004, 10:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the advantages of the non-stop flights (SQ19/20 and SQ21/22) over the one-stops is more meal choices in Raffles.
There are four choices compared to three.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:09 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by StarG
Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the advantages of the non-stop flights (SQ19/20 and SQ21/22) over the one-stops is more meal choices in Raffles.
There are four choices compared to three.
Yes, slightly expanded Raffles service on the non-stops. Still, as we have discussed before, nothings beats F...
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:12 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
To answer one of the questions from the original post of this thread, supper is less elaborate of a meal than dinner. Less choices, some of the intermediate courses are supressed, and the before dinner drinks service does not include the signature satay as a snack. In F, supper will not feature caviar as an option for the first course, etc.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
In F, supper will not feature caviar as an option for the first course, etc.
Caviar is offered on some supper and lunch flights in F
Old Jul 10, 2004, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K,SQ*G,Marriott PLT,HH GOLD,IHG PLTAMB
Originally Posted by ACfly
Hi Kideyuki,

I just flew SQ019 (LAX-SIN) two days ago...so can tell you a bit about the meals. You get 2 full meal service on this flight: 1) start off with dinner upon leaving LAX and then breakfast 3 hours before arriving in Singapore. There's also 3-4 types of hot snacks if you get hungry during your flight.

Dinner:
For Dinner, I had "book the cook" so didn't have the menu. As I recalled, the menu offered: (1) Lobster thermador (2) Chicken dish (3) Sirloin Steak with pepper sauce I think (4) and some type of fish which was followed by cheese serivce and then dessert (1) Ice cream (2) Raspberry cake

For Breakfast, there were 1) Chinese Dimsum 2) Hallibut in a hot sauce 3) Hotcakes, eggs, sausage

For Snacks there were 1) Omelete with Sausage, hotcakes and smoothies 2) Noodle with Duck meat 3) Hallibut fish

Overall great meal
Thanks . I aborad SQ19 tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.