FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Most Reliable US-SIN route (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/2032069-most-reliable-us-sin-route.html)

diverg Jan 7, 2021 8:55 pm

Most Reliable US-SIN route

Wanting to book an Saver F award from a US gateway city to Sidney in late December 2021. As things currently stand, I know that can easily change, what would you consider to be the most reliable route to SIN. In reliable I mean actually flying, and no plane swaps? Would that be LAX-SIN?

garykung Jan 7, 2021 10:16 pm

The most reliable is SFO-SIN in J. I believe this is still currently operating.

JClasstraveller Jan 8, 2021 12:51 am

Originally Posted by diverg (Post 32949409)
Wanting to book an Saver F award from a US gateway city to Sidney in late December 2021. As things currently stand, I know that can easily change, what would you consider to be the most reliable route to SIN. In reliable I mean actually flying, and no plane swaps? Would that be LAX-SIN?

Your problem may well be trying to get from SIN-SYD...

Although Dec 2021 is a way off, unless you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be barred from entering the country.

demue Jan 8, 2021 3:27 am

SIN-LAX-SIN had been operating the most frequencies during the (still ongoing) crisis. IIRC, even more frequently flown than SFO.

Often1 Jan 8, 2021 8:57 am

The two words "reliable" and "December" should not be in the same sentence. Whether and under what circumstances, on what carrier, schedule, aircraft, and class of service is purely notional. I would revisit December travel 30-45 days prior to your intended date of travel. At that point you can figure out what is doable.

If you find a good ticket today, don't plan on it "sticking" in any realistic way.

sbs2716g Jan 9, 2021 7:44 am

There is no F seat for any route up to End oct. so it might continue to 2022

Often1 Jan 9, 2021 9:10 am

I would not focus on F in the future. As service is slowly restored, the frequency and routes with F service will likely remain low for a good long while. When you do decide to travel, look at the hard & soft products for the convenient carriers rather than the class of service.

Scifience Jan 10, 2021 8:16 am

SIN-LAX-SIN: this was the only US route operating at all during the early days of the pandemic. But don't count on F any time soon.

gpeso8 Jan 13, 2021 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Scifience (Post 32956148)
SIN-LAX-SIN: this was the only US route operating at all during the early days of the pandemic. But don't count on F any time soon.

+1, we have been using SQ37/38 to get back and forth from LAX to CGK during the pandemic, no F, but J is good enough for us.