Most Reliable US-SIN route

Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Most Reliable US-SIN route

Wanting to book an Saver F award from a US gateway city to Sidney in late December 2021. As things currently stand, I know that can easily change, what would you consider to be the most reliable route to SIN. In reliable I mean actually flying, and no plane swaps? Would that be LAX-SIN?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
The most reliable is SFO-SIN in J. I believe this is still currently operating.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by diverg
Wanting to book an Saver F award from a US gateway city to Sidney in late December 2021. As things currently stand, I know that can easily change, what would you consider to be the most reliable route to SIN. In reliable I mean actually flying, and no plane swaps? Would that be LAX-SIN?
Your problem may well be trying to get from SIN-SYD...

Although Dec 2021 is a way off, unless youre an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be barred from entering the country.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
SIN-LAX-SIN had been operating the most frequencies during the (still ongoing) crisis. IIRC, even more frequently flown than SFO.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The two words "reliable" and "December" should not be in the same sentence. Whether and under what circumstances, on what carrier, schedule, aircraft, and class of service is purely notional. I would revisit December travel 30-45 days prior to your intended date of travel. At that point you can figure out what is doable.

If you find a good ticket today, don't plan on it "sticking" in any realistic way.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:44 am

There is no F seat for any route up to End oct. so it might continue to 2022
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would not focus on F in the future. As service is slowly restored, the frequency and routes with F service will likely remain low for a good long while. When you do decide to travel, look at the hard & soft products for the convenient carriers rather than the class of service.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ PPS, UA GS, BA Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
SIN-LAX-SIN: this was the only US route operating at all during the early days of the pandemic. But don't count on F any time soon.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Scifience
SIN-LAX-SIN: this was the only US route operating at all during the early days of the pandemic. But don't count on F any time soon.
+1, we have been using SQ37/38 to get back and forth from LAX to CGK during the pandemic, no F, but J is good enough for us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.