Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-TPE Award not pricing correctly?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

LAX-TPE Award not pricing correctly?

On the award chart it has West Coast to Taiwan as 89,000 in business. It has a footnote saying "The mileage indicated is only valid for non-stop flights (no connections or transits) between two destinations." I assume that is for the direct non-stop flights between the west coast & Hong Kong. The search engine prices out the flights w/ stops as 89,000, but then when you click to purchase it changes to 125,000. Is 125k the correct amount?

Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
On the award chart it has West Coast to Taiwan as 89,000 in business. It has a footnote saying "The mileage indicated is only valid for non-stop flights (no connections or transits) between two destinations." I assume that is for the direct non-stop flights between the west coast & Hong Kong.
The search engine prices out the flights w/ stops as 89,000, but then when you click to purchase it changes to 125,000.
Is 125k the correct amount?
Most likely yes, as the rate quoted on the chart is for SFO to HKG
There should also be a tab on that page for *A / other partner airlines if you want to fly direct from LAXTPE (EVA I suppose)
EDIT - Flights operated by our Star Alliance partner airlines are not available for this route.

There is considerable back-tracking in your routing below so SINTPE is calculated as a separate fare hence 125k vs 89k
As for the difference of 36k when a redemption for SINTPE in Biz Saver is just 30,500 Miles, it is because SFOSIN is priced at 95k miles
Hope that helps.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Most likely yes, as the rate quoted on the chart is for SFO to HKG
There should also be a tab on that page for *A / other partner airlines if you want to fly direct from LAXTPE (EVA I suppose)
EDIT - Flights operated by our Star Alliance partner airlines are not available for this route.

There is considerable back-tracking in your routing below so SINTPE is calculated as a separate fare hence 125k vs 89k
As for the difference of 36k when a redemption for SINTPE in Biz Saver is just 30,500 Miles, it is because SFOSIN is priced at 95k miles
Hope that helps.
Makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to response. I appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.