Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refunds SIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Refunds SIA

I'm looking at a refundable ticket ARN-ADL with Singapore airways (as a backup for a ticket with Qatar, given all the craziness getting into Australia right now). I am Aussie citizen. I want to make sure it is actually fully refundable.

1. In the fare summary it says "Cancellation: Complimentary" but when I scroll down in the full fare rules I see "FROM/TO EUROPE FOR Y11SEO2 TYPE FARES CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE USD 100.00 FOR CANCEL." (fare class is Y11SEO2). So is the cancellation fee actually US$100, not complimentary?

2. If I do ask for a refund, I assume the refund will go back to original form of payment (e.g. credit card), not a voucher as some airlines seem to be doing?

Thanks! First time poster, apologies if stupid questions. I looked at asking SIA these questions but their online form seems to require a reservation number.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A refund means a refund, typically to the original form of payment. A voucher, credit or any other form of "funny money" is definitionally not a refund. Just check your fare rules carefully to assure that it is refundable and not a credit or some other similar instrument.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:50 pm

The term n condition apply for SQ flight. I would think that your first flight is on SK. N thus there is additional charges for cancellation. U can see the * under the cancellation with the remarks.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Within the overall cost of tickets/quarantine etc, $100USD might not be a bad insurance policy - depending on how may of you there are. Lots of stories of people being bumped from QR (and others, probably SQ too), although into ADL may not be so bad as not so many other carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.