Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is SQ meeting its comfort standards with the seats layout on A350-900?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus

I've always been very happy with all my flights with SQ, but haven't flown with them since 3y ago and I've read some recent bad reviews about the layout on the SQ flights with the new A350-900.
I'm booked to fly with my family on the SQ 377 (BCN > SIN) economy class in some weeks, and I'll appreciate your opinions so I can know what to expect.
TIA
J
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If you are in economy, you will be fine, not too much different to economy seats on other SQ aircraft. Most of the criticism around the comfort of the A350 is in relation to business class seats.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@JPux

There is a thread discussing economy seats

Excellent and detailed review in post 15

A350 economy seats
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lokijuh
If you are in economy, you will be fine, not too much different to economy seats on other SQ aircraft. Most of the criticism around the comfort of the A350 is in relation to business class seats.
Not something one would expect to hear! (fine in Y, problems in J)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus
Thanks for the link. I assumed there must be already one but couldn't find it. Post 15 is very useful.

I flew Latam's 350-900 from BCN to GRU this last Oct and found these same Cons. The armrest was thin and had a weak appearance, and leg room seemed smaller than in other planes. But by far what I found the most anyoing was the (IMO excesive) angle of recline of the seats. Besides putting the front seat just few cms away from your face, the worst is that it does not let you watch the IFE since the screen does not bend and so you can't compensate the angle. Thus with the front seat reclined, the IFE points to your stomach, losing all its brightness, making it very dificult to watch any movie unless you recline too.

But I thought the level of satisfaction had to do more with Latam than with the plane. Anyway, I'll share my experience with SQ in few weeks time. Thanks all for the feedback given. ^

​​​​

Last edited by JPux; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.