Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

50+ hour delay on Scoot - TR713 - Groundhog day - any advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50+ hour delay on Scoot - TR713 - Groundhog day - any advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Audio
Right. I agree with you. But I have flown on other LCCs before, Tiger, Jetstar, Ryan...
My LCC experiences are in SEA region only. Have done Tiger, JetStar (avoid!) and AirAsia. With AirAsia I have >40 flights over last 7 years and had one schedule change and one delay (3h). For schedule change AirAsia notified two weeks in advance and immediately offered rebook or full refund.

With Jetstar, once they did schedule change such that they invalidated my ticket I try to stay away.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by invisible
My LCC experiences are in SEA region only. Have done Tiger, JetStar (avoid!) and AirAsia. With AirAsia I have >40 flights over last 7 years and had one schedule change and one delay (3h). For schedule change AirAsia notified two weeks in advance and immediately offered rebook or full refund.

With Jetstar, once they did schedule change such that they invalidated my ticket I try to stay away.
I avoided Air Asia. I prefer Scoot over JetStar and Tiger. Yes, Tiger cancelled on me once but luckily I managed to do a quick redemption on CX to recover.

Ryan Air was a flight booked by my son while we were holidaying in Europe. Very restrictive on baggage weight.

Fact is, I am fortunate enough not to do much travel on LCC.

(Audio)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Audio
And you forget Scoot is, afterall, a LCC. Something got to give to offer you LCC pricing. LCC utilised their aircraft to the max. If there is a spare plane, they would probably deploy it to revenue service than to wait in the tarmac, to rescue flights.

You want performance like major international player - one with a brand and reputation to protect, you fly SQ with SQ ticket pricing..

You want LCC pricing, you fly Scoot or a better LCC.

(Audio)
Yeah... new fuel efficient planes, young cabin crew on new entrant wages, no baggage handling fees (unless pax pay extra), very few call centre staff, no lounge network (and huge expense to provide lounges to thousands of economy class passengers who happen to have status), no IFE, limited catering, no alcohol for free, no FF program with business and first class awards.

None of the above = compromise on safety or maintenance. All of the above = perception of cheap flights (although in reality many LCCs are not cheap at all once you add in the extras),

And European rules say I can fly Scoot and get full compensation if they don’t fly on schedule, or have a mechanical issue.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
None of the above = compromise on safety or maintenance.
Which is why TR713 got to be delayed. For the sake of safety.

(Audio)

Last edited by Audio; Jan 8, 2019 at 4:39 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:22 pm

Yeah... new fuel efficient planes, young cabin crew on new entrant wages, no baggage handling fees (unless pax pay extra), very few call centre staff, no lounge network (and huge expense to provide lounges to thousands of economy class passengers who happen to have status), no IFE, limited catering, no alcohol for free, no FF program with business and first class awards.

None of the above = compromise on safety or maintenance.
You forgot to add one more item to your long impressive list of LCC characteristics...... no standby aircraft sitting on ground to rescue delayed flights.

(Audio)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:30 pm

And European rules say I can fly Scoot and get full compensation if they don’t fly on schedule, or have a mechanical issue.
Absolutely. Fly Scoot and enjoy the LCC fare.

Tolerate the delay in the unlikely event that your aircraft isn't safe enough to fly and enjoy the EC 261 compensation.

(Audio)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.