Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
One fewer moaner to put up with on my next SQ flight in J
ps107 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
In this case walking may be a better option
Yes, especially when the flight departs in darkness (8pm Dubai time) and arrives just after sunrise (7:15am, landing probably 10 mins before that, which is just after sunrise time or just on sunrise depending on time of year). I find there is very little to be seen from the cameras at night time.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
In this case walking may be a better option
If I wanted to walk why would I book a J seat? I booked a J seat since this was a red-eye/midnight flight and I needed a comfortable bed to sleep in for my 24h transit in Singapore to arrive refreshed. Unfortunately neither the bed was comfortable nor the IFE was good. The service was also horrible (I was expecting to get my special meal for dinner/full breakfast prior to arrival )

Besides, transiting in DXB alone is a good exercise for walking that you barely need to walk on your next flight

Originally Posted by LondonElite
One fewer moaner to put up with on my next SQ flight in J
I just booked another flight with EK (looking forward to my hot chocolate and achieving gold status) and you can stick with your pathetic Singapore Air
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:35 am
THR

Happily just booked another flight with SQ (F). Glad to not have you in my cabin.
hclee01 and ps107 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Kuwait Airways (which is not one of the top 10 airlines) has external cameras on-board, so how come the so-called "world's best airline" has no such crucial feature on-board?

I want to see what's in front/beneath me.......
Because it is not crucial. Simple as that.

If you need the camera, for whatever reason, book a different airline.

Stop acting entitled.

(and no, I am not Singaporean)
hackneycab2 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Just wasted 10 minutes reading this....
If you dont like them, dont fly them...
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:11 am

It is never a lost of time to follow aceboy44 on his trips! You can easily get addicted...
You never know what comes next: laughing, crying, shaking the head...
RTWFF and thijsseh like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:09 am

Thank you all for proving my point (none of you still tried to convince me about the hype of Singapore Air) but then again, maybe most of the forum members here are Singaporeans and take pride in their country's airline (which is a joke if you ask me - no offense intended)?

IFE is a joke, seat is bigger than EK's but uncomfortable, didn't get my "book the cook" for DXB - SIN, lounge is average in hub (EK's lounge in SIN is better than SilverKris lounge,) no external cameras on their new aircrafts, service is average, amenity kit felt cheap. Why am I even bothering here if none of you can stand up for Singapore Air's reputation? I don't recall being offered Hot Chocolate (my favorite hot drink) onboard J class
I do sympathize with you on the BTC meal. It’s a privilege rather than something you paid separately for though.

I too have ordered a BTC meal before and never received it. Reason was because they gave my meal to someone else.

However SQ did make up for it. They gave me a replacement meal from the menu and when the crew noticed I wasn’t quite enjoying the meal, they offered to give me a second additional meal on top and asked me if there was anything I wanted from the suites menu instead, subject to availability of course.

The crew asked if I had any children and when I replied, I was given a lot of SQ bears to give to my kid.

That’s good service if you ask me...
aceboy44 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Mlee888

The crew asked if I had any children and when I replied, I was given a lot of SQ bears to give to my kid.

That’s good service if you ask me...
Come on, Aceboy. SQ bears! That's worth flying SQ for!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Come on, Aceboy. SQ bears! That's worth flying SQ for!
As a Silver member I was impressed that I was given a preffered seat on a saver ticket free of charge! I'm sticking with Emirates

By the way, why was my thread locked? I PMed the mod but no response so far: @m3red @DYKWIA

Was I fairly treated as a LOYAL & STARS RC guest?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
As a Silver member I was impressed that I was given a preffered seat on a saver ticket free of charge! I'm sticking with Emirates

By the way, why was my thread locked? I PMed the mod but no response so far: @m3red @DYKWIA

Was I fairly treated as a LOYAL & STARS RC guest?
Neither m3red nor DYKWIA​ are mods, nor am I (you messaged me too). Each forum has its own mods, we have no idea what happens there
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by injian
Strongly recommends Emirates and yet the OP write multiple reports about poor Emirates service ... hmmm.
Exactly. A serial complainer about first world problems.

A word of advice AceBoy44: strive to be happy. You're alive and the sun is shining somewhere!
RTWFF, pschafer and hackneycab2 like this.

Last edited by BadoRas; Dec 14, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: RFC
I, for one, enjoy Performance Art when it's well done. I'm not sure that this is though.
wrp96, nancypants and Webogirl like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Come on everyone... Just check aceboy44's posting history and stop bothering... (S)he is a serial complainer here, often confused about which airline (s)he wants to support...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Did SQ22 in J a few days ago. Got impeccable service. Everything about the flight exceeded my expectations, including the seat that I was skeptical about before I tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.