Wiki Posts
Search

Krisflyer Elite Silver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer
Krisflyer Elite Silver

Hi all. I recently made it to Krisflyer Elite Silver. Does this give me any lounge access? Also, to redeem any points towards flights, is the best way by booking through Singapore Airlines online or can it be done using an agent? Cheers in advance.
cowie likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Douglas Warren
Hi all. I recently made it to Krisflyer Elite Silver. Does this give me any lounge access? Also, to redeem any points towards flights, is the best way by booking through Singapore Airlines online or can it be done using an agent? Cheers in advance.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Nope, no lounge access at Silver, need Gold for that.

Read on here: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/n...lver/benefits/
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks Thai-Kiwi - I thought that may be the case :-)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Award redemptions on SQ flights best done online.

Enjoy your shiny new luggage tags!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks w4rd. Tags still on the way - should be here soon :-)
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:01 pm

Slightly off topic, does having Elite SIlver helps with the waitlisting or it doesn't have any effect whatsoever? Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by mini2
Slightly off topic, does having Elite SIlver helps with the waitlisting or it doesn't have any effect whatsoever? Thanks
I don't think so.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

As stated by SQTraveller - maybe not BUT a situation happened to me approx. 18 months ago where I missed a flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong. It took us 6 hours to board another flight and we kept getting pushed back as other people who had missed their flight but were part of reward programmes flew before us. It was actually that moment that convinced me of the worth of being with an awards programme. So I believe if you miss a flight it will help you board before non reward members.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Yes, it does, but here is the prioirty if I am not wrong
- PPS Lifetime or whatever the call that higher tear of PPS
- PPS - or so called the lower tier
- KF Gold
- *A Gold
- KF Silver
- *A Silver (maybe not??)
- KF Blue (??)
- others

So yes, it will help because you are above those non status people, but there are still people way ahead of you.

But again it is really depending on the route you are waiting list on.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I would expect KF *S and *A *S to have a higher priority than Blue/non-existent. After all, a supposedly higher waitlist priority is just about the only listed *S benefit that goes across carriers in the alliance.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You will get a few benefits of being KF ES - it’s not a whole lot:
1. You are higher on the waitlist and standby list compared to KF Members (base level) and all non *A status holders. You will be above other *A Silver members when flying SQ.
2. You will earn 25% more miles when you fly SQ.
3. You can chose from some seats while booking SQ for free that non KF elite members are charged for.

The easiest way to redeem is through SQ’s website. However it’s not the best and you can’t redeem many *A and/or complex routing flights through the website for which you’ll have to call in. Remember though that if you call for a flight that’s bookable through the website you will be charged a US$25 fee. Otherwise let them know it can’t be booked through the website and the KF phone agent will waive the $25 charge.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Absolutely. You will be above other *A Silver elites (but lower than a whole lot of other types of elites) when flying SQ and at par with other *A silver elites when flying other *A partners.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I note that on the *A website, that the priority that Silver status holders have only applies to paid tickets, and not award tickets. Not sure if this would be applied for IRROPS.

standby
If your travel plans change and flights are full, your status gives you higher priority on the standby list for the flight, except when you are travelling on an award ticket.

reservation waitlist
If there are no seats on your preferred flight, your status puts you higher on the waiting list, except when you are travelling on an award ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You will get a few benefits of being KF ES - it’s not a whole lot:
1. You are higher on the waitlist and standby list compared to KF Members (base level) and all non *A status holders. You will be above other *A Silver members when flying SQ.
2. You will earn 25% more miles when you fly SQ.
3. You can chose from some seats while booking SQ for free that non KF elite members are charged for.

The easiest way to redeem is through SQ’s website. However it’s not the best and you can’t redeem many *A and/or complex routing flights through the website for which you’ll have to call in. Remember though that if you call for a flight that’s bookable through the website you will be charged a US$25 fee. Otherwise let them know it can’t be booked through the website and the KF phone agent will waive the $25 charge.
The extra 25% miles is not applicable to "discounted" fare. I think only E fare and above enjoy the extra miles.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
The extra 25% miles is not applicable to "discounted" fare. I think only E fare and above enjoy the extra miles.
Yeah. Well pointed out!

This is something to be aware of. If you book way ahead of time you can get some really competitive fares, but they basically earn almost no miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.