Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SQ F on A380 - availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
New SQ F on A380 - availability

Hey guys,

Is it just me or is there generally no availability in F for the new First Class on the A380? Since more and more planes get updated, availability in F is decreasing significantly on awards it seems. Whenever I try looking for F out of ZRH, FRA, CDG etc. there is nothing - doesn't matter when. A year ago there were so many award seats ex ZRH in F - all gone now :/
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:30 am

There are fewer seats in the new 380 F so SQ has far less leeway for award availability.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Yeah I do understand that, but I checked several months and they do not even release a single seat :s
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:46 am

If you really want to experience the new Suite (just for the sake of the Suite itself), try PVG instead. Plenty of availability and 50,000 KF miles for a 5+ hr flight is a great deal.
flo_147 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I just flew F Suites SIN-AKL. Nice 10 hour flight, plus time for PDB etc, but it was the older 380. My experience tells me that the new 380s with the new F Suites are significantly more premium and thus put on more premium routes as SQ can command higher fares. While my flight experience was very nice, and parts of it felt like F, other parts felt like J/C+. Just IMHO
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
I am not at all surprised that SQ will not "waste" new F Suites for awards. It is such a different and, yes, significantly more premium experience (than for example LX, LH, OZ, CX, JL, TG, EK or old SQ).

"This time it's different" really holds if you are traveling with someone. Until now, the "middle pairs" on any airline were somehow not at par with the window seats (Mrs timol and myself are dedicated window seat people, particularly on day flights). Now that rows 1 and 2 can genuinely be combined into a suite with windows, we really want to repeat the experience. At least some A class availability ex-ZRH can be easily found (if only reasonable A-class deals were to appear).
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:58 am

Check through the month July 2019, most days have 6 seats available for sale for SQ322 to London (except for 2-3 days). So guess SQ does not release any award for saver now for SQ322. Maybe they will release closer to departure if the seats are not taken up
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:26 am
THR

Will be interesting to see how the retrofit programmes takes place and the routes it will be deployed on.

i have a first booking SYD-SIN next year, old suites. Would be good if they happen to upgrade that
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:39 am

though technically the suites are "a class above first"
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
though technically the suites are "a class above first"
That was only at the beginning when SQ introduced Suite Class... now, the entire soft product is identical to First.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Whenever I find award availability on the new A380 F suites, it is always only advantage, never saver (so nearly double the miles). Just coincidence, or does SQ not release saver at all in these cabins as a matter of policy? Thanks.

Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:03 pm
THR

They generally don't release saver for them, no.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Whenever I find award availability on the new A380 F suites, it is always only advantage, never saver (so nearly double the miles). Just coincidence, or does SQ not release saver at all in these cabins as a matter of policy? Thanks.

@Wtravel

Some discussion in this recent short thread. FYI

SIN-PVG A380 new suites
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by 24left
@Wtravel

Some discussion in this recent short thread. FYI

SIN-PVG A380 new suites
Thanks, I had actually checked that out, but couldn't find an answer there (just re-read it, still no wiser), hence my post.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by THR
They generally don't release saver for them, no.

Thanks, I had actually checked that out, but couldn't find an answer there (just re-read it, still no wiser), hence my post.
@Wtravel

@HR posted one reply. My post .#6 in the other thread I linked was when I pointed out to another poster my view of the limitations on awards for the new F Suites, suggesting why would SQ release them on premium routes if they can sell them. Now that those new cabins only have 6 Suites, even just plain math would suggest that with half the number of suites as the older A380s, the odds of release would be lower and at a higher cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.