Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Service to Seattle in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Rumor: Service to Seattle in 2019

I didn't see this covered elsewhere. It sounds like SIA may be heading to SEA in 2019. Seattle is also getting service from Cathay and JAL starting in March 2019. With Singapore partnering with Alaska, it makes sense that they would want to serve Seattle.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...from-next-year
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:09 pm

Hmm I would've thought of Vancouver first before Seattle.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Didn't they used to have a Vancouver flight some years ago?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:04 pm

Vancouver is much more a tourist centric place. Airlines wants big business class revenue so SEA is obviously a better choice.

Of course, Vancouver is full of Asian millionaires but most of them come from Mainland China. SIA is unlikely to make much profit from those groups.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve
Didn't they used to have a Vancouver flight some years ago?
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I didn't see this covered elsewhere. It sounds like SIA may be heading to SEA in 2019. Seattle is also getting service from Cathay and JAL starting in March 2019. With Singapore partnering with Alaska, it makes sense that they would want to serve Seattle.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...from-next-year
Seems AC did not care for SQ flying there , put a stop to Canadian routes

Posted a brief in Travelbuzz forum .
Thanks for starting thread here .
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:24 pm

I hope SQ will re-start 5th freedom service to SEA. ICN is looking lonely, but I doubt SQ service on ICN-SEA since KE, DL, and OZ have daily frequencies already. Word from the Korean cabin crew is that they are upset about losing the opportunity to fly to the US. The 77W might be able to this route non-stop - might be nice to have a First class offering even if it is not 5th freedom. Lounge access is going to be a problem though. The AS lounges are meh and have no shower facilities. The Club is equally meh. YVR will never work for SQ, it is a low-yield leisure destination - and the economics of YYZ won't work out either. I would be interested to see if SEA could potentially be a connecting point into Central America for SQ: MEX and PTY don't look too bad at all.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm, an interesting one if confirmed. Lots of one stop competition on that route from SIN. If SQ wants any differentiator they will do a non-stop from SIN. Else all the NH, BR, JL, DL, CX, KE, OZ flights offer the same.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by currentjer
Lounge access is going to be a problem though. The AS lounges are meh and have no shower facilities. The Club is equally meh.
The UA lounge is in A and is a *A lounge... right now NH departs from the S concourse, but I suspect they'll move to A once the gates are connected to the new IAB in 2020.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:23 pm

Oh yeah, that one is pretty bad too. The only decent lounges in SEA are DL and AMEX.

Originally Posted by hamburgler
The UA lounge is in A and is a *A lounge... right now NH departs from the S concourse, but I suspect they'll move to A once the gates are connected to the new IAB in 2020.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by demue
. If SQ wants any differentiator they will do a non-stop from SIN.
I don't think a fifth freedom would even enter into the equation, its non-stop or not at all. Given that SEA is 370 miles less from SIN than SFO, the distance won't be a challenge with the regular A350s.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:52 am

Surely AC would be a better connection partner than AS though?

EDIT: On second thought, I can see how US connection possibilities might work out. I guess that just continues to leave a (small) gap for Canada though.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by discoseal
Surely AC would be a better connection partner than AS though?

EDIT: On second thought, I can see how US connection possibilities might work out. I guess that just continues to leave a (small) gap for Canada though.
At least Alaska will be able to get you to Vancouver, Victoria, and Calgary.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

It's official. Singapore Air is coming to Seattle in September 2019.

FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Singapore Airlines To Fly Non-Stop To Seattle

Subject to regulatory approvals, flight SQ28 will initially depart Singapore at 0925hrs every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and arrive in Seattle at 0905hrs on the same day (all times local). The return sector, operated as SQ27, will depart Seattle at 1040hrs every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and arrive in Singapore the following day at 1730hrs. From October 2019, flight SQ28 and flight SQ27 will operate every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
FlyerEC and NetJets Germany like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Fabulous! Now I am just waiting for an ULR flight SIN-ORD to join the pack, that would really help me to get to MSP more easily...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.