Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stopover at changi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

I was aware that the tickets were non refundable. But I have never seen fares drop on SQ so i assumed that would be the same with scoot too.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by hrs027
I was aware that the tickets were non refundable. But I have never seen fares drop on SQ so i assumed that would be the same with scoot too.
there are alway promotion fares for Scoot esp 1-2 months before departure to fill up the plane. N sometime the early fares for scoot are not cheap. Some paxes dun book 9-12 months ahead for LCC as LCC are well known to revise their schedule n cancel the flight.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Related questions. My in-laws will be flying COK-SIN and then to EWR on SQ. The first segment maybe on Scoot/Silk/UL/Air Asia/AI

1. Do any of these airlines offer through baggage checkin when tickets are on separate tickets?
2. If not, then will SQ allow bags to be checked in to EWR 12 hours early?
3. After checkin for the EWR flight, can one enter the airport 12 hours early?
4. Can one sign up for the free city tours if one has left the transit but gotten back in?
5. Do all these airlines check the credit card used to make the booking?

Last edited by UA Fan; Sep 18, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Related questions. My in-laws will be flying COK-SIN and then to EWR on SQ. The first segment maybe on Scoot/Silk/UL/Air Asia/AI

1. Do any of these airlines offer through baggage checkin when tickets are on separate tickets?
2. If not, then will SQ allow bags to be checked in to EWR 12 hours early?
3. After checkin for the EWR flight, can one enter the airport 12 hours early?
4. Can one sign up for the free city tours if one has left the transit but gotten back in?
5. Do all these airlines check the credit card used to make the booking?
2) regardless what happens, changi has (up to 24hr) early checkin available for a lot of airlines
Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport

3) yes

4) you can only (leave airside and) enter singapore and exit singapore(go airside) only once. you cannot enter singapore, go back to airside, and then re-enter singapore

5) depends on your luck
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paperwastage
4) you can only (leave airside and) enter singapore and exit singapore(go airside) only once. you cannot enter singapore, go back to airside, and then re-enter singapore
Does the city tour go through the same immigration process as others? Its been many years since I took it but don't seem to remember going through immigration.

Will Silk Air be most likely to straight check bags to SQ on separate ticket?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the city tour go through the same immigration process as others? Its been many years since I took it but don't seem to remember going through immigration.

Will Silk Air be most likely to straight check bags to SQ on separate ticket?
bump
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Answered on the transit tour page
Airport Attractions - Singapore Changi Airport
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. darn that means one can only do one tour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.