Search

Krisflyer Gold access SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Krisflyer Gold access SYD

Hi all,

As a Krisflyer Gold, I get access to the Silverkris lounge in SYD when flying SQ in Y but will I still get access to the lounge if I'm flying Y on another Star Alliance carrier (United)?

Thanks
Rob
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by robbo135
Hi all,

As a Krisflyer Gold, I get access to the Silverkris lounge in SYD when flying SQ in Y but will I still get access to the lounge if I'm flying Y on another Star Alliance carrier (United)?

Thanks
Rob
Yes. Make sure your KF FFP# (and automatically *G status) is printed on the boarding pass. Otherwise carry your *G card with you.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
And to expand, you can access any *A lounge as well if flying Y on a *A airline. The Air NZ lounge is pretty nice.
trooper likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
For a morning SQ flight out of SYD 9:05am departure, should one go to the AirNZ lounge for breakfast or SilverKris? Not sure if I have time to go to both? And also flying J class SQ, so might have lots of food on board lol.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
The two lounges are right next door to each other and both are equally as nice.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by QTFLYER
The two lounges are right next door to each other and both are equally as nice.
Ok thanks. How much time do you think I need to allow to have a comfortable time in at least one lounge and a bit of the other? i.e. will be 9am departure from SYD. So will be having breakfast there.

Is 1 hour enough? Will be with wife and a 7 year old.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:07 pm

I think the Air NZ lounge has barista coffee.

Does your wife have status? Some lounge dragons may not admit the child because they count as a third guest. Believe *A lounge access is for the traveller + 1 guest only.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:11 am

We are all travelling on SQ J Class.

Will try the barista Just want to see if an hour is enough to explorer both and have breakfast at the same time. If not I need to wake up earlier lol
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by k3nnis
For a morning SQ flight out of SYD 9:05am departure, should one go to the AirNZ lounge for breakfast or SilverKris? Not sure if I have time to go to both? And also flying J class SQ, so might have lots of food on board lol.
Have the yum cha (dim sums) at the SQ lounge, then head to the NZ lounge for the barista coffee. And if you're still hungry, the egg station in the NZ lounge is nice for some eggs cooked fresh the way you want them. That's what I usually do.

Unless you're a slow eater, an hour is more than enough to do that.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by sol95
Have the yum cha (dim sums) at the SQ lounge, then head to the NZ lounge for the barista coffee. And if you're still hungry, the egg station in the NZ lounge is nice for some eggs cooked fresh the way you want them. That's what I usually do.

Unless you're a slow eater, an hour is more than enough to do that.
Ok thanks I live around 30mins from SYD airport. 9:05am departure, so I guess if I leave the house around 6am should give me plenty of tine at lounge? Obviously still need to check in and also customs.

Thanks,
K.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Ok thanks I live around 30mins from SYD airport. 9:05am departure, so I guess if I leave the house around 6am should give me plenty of tine at lounge? Obviously still need to check in and also customs.

Thanks,
K.
Unless airport morning traffic is bad (usually weekends and Mondays), leaving at 6 should be fine. You'll get an expresspath coupon, so immigration and security will take you at most 10mins. if you're not aware, the entry to the expresspath is further along (from the SQ checkin desks) past the normal departure entrance
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks everyone. I thought that was the case but wanted to check as it'll be my first time flying on a Star Alliance flight (non-SQ) since I gained Krisflyer Gold status.

The SQ site was a little ambiguous, it just mentions that you have access to Silver Kris Lounges worldwide when travelling on SQ, but then when travelling on Star Alliance partners, you have access to Star Alliance Gold lounges. So in this case the Silver Kris Lounge in SYD is a Star Alliance Gold lounge unlike in SIN when the Silver Kris lounge is not a Star Alliance Gold lounge, but the Krisflyer Gold lounge is !
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by sol95
Unless airport morning traffic is bad (usually weekends and Mondays), leaving at 6 should be fine. You'll get an expresspath coupon, so immigration and security will take you at most 10mins. if you're not aware, the entry to the expresspath is further along (from the SQ checkin desks) past the normal departure entrance
thanks. I’m going on Boxing Day. Traffic is bad right ?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:44 am

We are all travelling on SQ J Class
Hi k3nnis,

I may be wrong, but it's possible that the NZ lounge won't let you all in as I believe you'd be entering that particular lounge on the Star Alliance Gold rule of 'cardholder + one guest'. Other people will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that standard SQ J tickets cannot enter the NZ lounge being outside that rule.

Whereas, you will all be admitted to the SQ lounge as you are travelling with them in J.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
OP has *G so regardless of what cabin he is flying in he can bring a guest. I've never had A problem getting access to a lounge when travelling with my wife and 3 young kids (under 9). You will have no problem accessing either lounge in SYD. Air NZ are extremely accommodating of children and have A lovely enclosed children's play area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.