Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is open-jaw still classed as return journey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Hoping for some help please.. Want to use Krisflyer miles to book PER - SFO outbound and LAX - PER inbound. Is this still classed as a return journey with the open jaw, therefore allowing me to claim 1 free stop over with saver redemption? Or do I have to book as two one-way itineraries and pay $100 for a stop over?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
AFAIK, this is booked as 2 one-way awards since you can't book multi-city or open-jaw awards with KF and the $100 stopover fee will apply. The good news is that you can add 2 stop overs at $100 each, which isn't really that bad if you're booking a J or F award in the grand scheme of things.

For those with a different experience, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Are you doing a *A award or SQ/MI award? The T&Cs for *A awards clearly indicate that an OJ at the origin or destination is allowable on a *A RT award. It's odd that there is no mention of OJ at all on an SQ/MI award. I can't imagine that an award all on their own metal would be more restrictive, but I suppose it is possible.

KrisFlyer Terms and Conditions

Section J - 2 - L
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In my book for a KF award as described by OP it should be counted under rules for roundtrip and permit a stopover. Of course it can't be booked online like that so you will have to call and possible do some convincing.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Does KF awards allow for stopovers & open jaw for SQ redemptions? My understanding was that it was for *A redemptions only. Some clarity here would be appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Does KF awards allow for stopovers & open jaw for SQ redemptions? My understanding was that it was for *A redemptions only. Some clarity here would be appreciated.
I am looking to retun on an open jaw and currently have a one way saver award booked all on singapore metal. Currently booked LAX to SIN and going to return SIN to SFO. When I called to add a stop over on my outbound leg originating in LAX, I asked if I added another one way from SIN to SFO if it would then be a round trip and I would get a free stopover(in Hong Kong this insntance) The CSR said "yes", that they would reissue my entire ticket when I add my inbound SIN to SFO leg and I would get a free stop over. I plan on booking it in the next couple days so I'll update the thread.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I am looking to retun on an open jaw and currently have a one way saver award booked all on singapore metal. Currently booked LAX to SIN and going to return SIN to SFO. When I called to add a stop over on my outbound leg originating in LAX, I asked if I added another one way from SIN to SFO if it would then be a round trip and I would get a free stopover(in Hong Kong this insntance) The CSR said "yes", that they would reissue my entire ticket when I add my inbound SIN to SFO leg and I would get a free stop over. I plan on booking it in the next couple days so I'll update the thread.
I booked my return SIN to SFO with stopover in Hong Kong . I was not charged a fee for the Hong Kong stop over. I did get 2 separate record locators though. They didn't end up reissuing my outbound leg. Also the flight I wanted SQ2 was not showing availability online however when I called in it was available. I told agent I couldn't book this online (it wouldn't have given me free stop over with 2 separate one ways?) so they waived booking fee.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I booked my return SIN to SFO with stopover in Hong Kong . I was not charged a fee for the Hong Kong stop over. I did get 2 separate record locators though. They didn't end up reissuing my outbound leg. Also the flight I wanted SQ2 was not showing availability online however when I called in it was available. I told agent I couldn't book this online (it wouldn't have given me free stop over with 2 separate one ways?) so they waived booking fee.
Thank you for the update with your experience. That is good news!

To add a little more complication if I need to make a mixed class booking (PER-SIN in Y (no PE on this sector), SIN to USA in PE) I assume the miles required will be the equivalent to the entire journey in PE, Zone 8 to Zone 12, and this needs to be done via call centre. Fee should be waived as it can not be booked online??

Last edited by shyguy; Jan 18, 2018 at 4:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.