Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SQ products

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
So the take is Economy and First have improved the most, with Business class going backwards, and P Economy remained status quo?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Lucky mentioned in his initial review of the New Suites that the cabin was very hot due to the lack of personal air vents. And no mattress pad! Any thoughts on these?

My Experience Flying Singapore's New A380 Suites - One Mile at a Time

Just wondering if it's worth the repositioning.
SQ cabins are hot and there has never been air vents even in older products.

I always asked for temperature reduction to 20-21 degrees when flying business / first. And except for one IFS, they never made fuss of such request. Their default, I think, is 24. I don’t know how people sleep at those temperatures.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by SQueeze
SQ cabins are hot and there has never been air vents even in older products.

The front does seem warmer, but the back in economy always is freezing.

Originally Posted by SQueeze
Their default, I think, is 24. I don’t know how people sleep at those temperatures.
Hot for you, and for some quite pleasant. 21c would be considered too cold for some.

It all depends on the individual and their climate taste, physical health, build etc
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
is it clear what amenities kits are for suites at the moment? I've read that people have received Lalique, Ferraegamo, and 70th anniversary ones (I'll be ex JFK)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sqyf
Very observant! I didn’t notice this when I was in the cabin, but looking at the J window seat pictures, I think the side bins are not present.
Looking at this image -- https://samchui.com/wp-content/uploa...elivery-45.jpg
A. There are no side bins
B. The bulkhead window seats do not have a full 'bench' and it looks like you will also need to sleep at an angle, only the bulkhead middle seats still have the full slot for you feet to sleep straight
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:21 pm

Man all the new suites reviews makes me really wish they upgrade SQ25 before Feb 2019 when we fly.

Last edited by Anlun; Feb 26, 2018 at 3:32 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by aislepathlight
is it clear what amenities kits are for suites at the moment? I've read that people have received Lalique, Ferraegamo, and 70th anniversary ones (I'll be ex JFK)
I received a Lalique one on SQ305 yesterday
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:49 pm

I am super confused. All my flights in 2019 show this bizarre seatmap for First Class. I can’t select any seats. The only option is window or isle, but no row assignments. This is true for both AKL-SIN or SIN-JFK routes in March 2019
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:38 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx

I am super confused. All my flights in 2019 show this bizarre seatmap for First Class. I can’t select any seats. The only option is window or isle, but no row assignments. This is true for both AKL-SIN or SIN-JFK routes in March 2019
Looks like a fault with the SQ website. You get the same option when you book Business as well.

I would contact the SQ Call Centre to select your seats and tell them you are unable to select online.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Looks like a fault with the SQ website. You get the same option when you book Business as well.

I would contact the SQ Call Centre to select your seats and tell them you are unable to select online.
I will call tonight. Do you think this is an indication this is the reconfigured A380?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
I'm on the same flight, SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN in August 2019 and it shows the same. I won't have a chance to call tonight so please post whatever information you get! Fingers crossed for a reconfigured A380 and not a downgrade to a 777
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:09 pm

The issue has been fixed. I'm back to the old seats. Blah. I was hoping NYC would soon be getting the new suites
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys any idea/insights as to when the CDG and MEL routes may get the new 388 products ?
Flying late June 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.