Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Downgrades SIN-BOM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

SQ Downgrades SIN-BOM

Hey guys,

I am booked in September on SQ 424 from SIN-BOM in suites on the A380 but got an email this morning stating my seats had been changed. I looked at the reservation and noticed that the plane was downgraded from an A380 to a 77W. The first class will be the version with one row. From ExpertFlyer, it appears this aircraft swap begins in early September.

Any idea why? Perhaps to free up space and start conversion of an A380 with the new suites???
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
BOM is low yield for SQ, so they don't care.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by freakfor747
Any idea why? Perhaps to free up space and start conversion of an A380 with the new suites???
Maybe low forward bookings in Sep? I notice it is back on the route in October and November. The black art of yield management.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
I think it's very low-yielding though. I paid SGD824 to UG to Suites (one way) a couple of months ago.

I don't think that is an attractive price point to SQ.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
SQ318 from SIN to LHR - changed from 8 seat forward J to 12 seat forward J, both seem to be 777-300ER.
So more than one equipment changes today.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Hey guys,

I am booked in September on SQ 424 from SIN-BOM in suites on the A380 but got an email this morning stating my seats had been changed. I looked at the reservation and noticed that the plane was downgraded from an A380 to a 77W. The first class will be the version with one row. From ExpertFlyer, it appears this aircraft swap begins in early September.

The good news is you are in the first class seats
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Hey guys,

The new tiny F isn't bad on 77Ws, feels very private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.