FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ Teddy Bear? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1500445-sq-teddy-bear.html)

twydeutschland Sep 5, 2013 10:51 am

SQ Teddy Bear?

I am ready to fly SQ business for the first time from PEK to SIN.

I have seen many flyers obtaining their SQ teddy bear onboard, not sure if this route also provides such toys?

Apologize if this has been asked before.

Shanye2233 Sep 5, 2013 11:30 am

I got a few on nrt - sin kids loved them even sleep with them at night . GL

KosherKimchee Sep 5, 2013 9:01 pm

My 3.5 yo son has gotten the teddy bear on each of his 10+ flight on SQ in C. It's not very nice, it's like a small stiff little thing. My recently deceased Labrador would have it shredded within 5 minutes of arriving at home. Son couldn't care less, so that shows how nice (or rather not nice) it was.

Also son has been given an SQ gift bag, had a Shrek themed seatbelt cover (shrek, puss in boots, etc. --varied by flight) in it plus some puzzles IIRC.

His favorite kid toy is the LH seatbelt cover that has some stuffed airplanes on ribbon tied to it. Given in intra-Europe C class twice, don't recall getting on transatlantic segments.

roverkt Sep 6, 2013 9:17 am

Originally Posted by paullevi (Post 21396513)
It's not very nice, it's like a small stiff little thing.

Lol. :D

Is the OP referring to the teddy bear for inflight purchase? Cos J class passengers don't get one.

If you were talking about the kids freebie I don't think the description above makes it very appealing. Plus at the rate SQ is cutting costs it's probably made in China and of dubious safety standards.

YWJ Sep 6, 2013 11:25 am

Are these Teddies strictly for kids?

FN-GM Sep 6, 2013 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by YWJ (Post 21399721)
Are these Teddies strictly for kids?

No, i got one :p

FlyerEC Sep 6, 2013 7:38 pm

These Teddy bears maybe ' safe guarding ' the snacks on the ' help yourself ' counter on your flight ;)
Postcards , playing cards , etc too .. F & J , not sure about Y.

Seems one is welcome to take both types - just did yesterday:)

SilverChris Sep 6, 2013 8:58 pm

My medium and long haul flights with SQ in the past year had no teddies stocked. :( (only flew in J, maybe they had it in F?)

The FAs just mentioned something along the lines of "We've discontinued those. Can I get you a kid's coloring pack instead?" :D

twydeutschland Sep 7, 2013 4:54 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 21402045)
My medium and long haul flights with SQ in the past year had no teddies stocked. :( (only flew in J, maybe they had it in F?)

The FAs just mentioned something along the lines of "We've discontinued those. Can I get you a kid's coloring pack instead?" :D

Really? Which routes are you referring to?

I hope the reason is that they just did not stock the teddies on the flights rather than the cost down...

dfs24 Sep 7, 2013 10:26 am

Definitely not for kids only. I was offered one without asking in J SIN-HKG in Jun. Will be doing HKG-SIN in J mid Sept. Will try to remember to ask.

twydeutschland Sep 9, 2013 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dfs24 (Post 21404109)
Definitely not for kids only. I was offered one without asking in J SIN-HKG in Jun. Will be doing HKG-SIN in J mid Sept. Will try to remember to ask.

Yes, I've heard that these teddies come in different colors, so it really makes sense for collectors!

oxfordjames Sep 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by twydeutschland (Post 21414461)
Yes, I've heard that these teddies come in different colors, so it really makes sense for collectors!

I believe the colors depend on the cabin your flying, I've received a couple of blue ones flying business and ones with a red jacket when flying first/suites.

fanofmumbai Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by oxfordjames (Post 21455549)
I believe the colors depend on the cabin your flying, I've received a couple of blue ones flying business and ones with a red jacket when flying first/suites.

Well, my little niece received a purple one when in Business Class doing BCN-GRU, so definitely they come with different colors :D

WLG Base Sep 18, 2013 3:58 am

SQ Teddy Bears

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...0-dsc00625.jpg

MSPeconomist Sep 21, 2013 9:24 am

They look so happy on that bed. It must seem like home to them.

I ask my FA or purser for the bears and I'm usually offered two, often in different colors. This is long haul FC or J/C. No SQ status and not even *A status when I started asking.