Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What's happening with the MEL A380 from July?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG

When MEL goes 4xdaily in July, the current A380 that operates SQ 217/218 is being replaced by a 77W (and supplemented by extra A330 service).

As it basically leaves SIN and 10 am and gets back 6am the next morning, that's 1 A380 dedicated to the route. Question is where is that A380 going? I can't find any extra A380 services in the timetable that appear in July.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
SQ love playing around with MEL and it always gets the least desired aircraft

Shame they are pulling the A380 off the route (one of the daily flights), almost makes me want to fly Qantas/Emirates....
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

It sucks.SQ218 IS the best connection that provides the Adelaide passengers who connect on the last Virgin Australia services ADL-MEL with a decent connection through to Singapore and the rest of South East Asia that doesn't involve spending the night in Singapore in case of missed connections at expensive hotel(Try getting somewhere for under $200 a night not possible).I have been on the A380 and love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.