Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Red259
For a roundtrip flight between NYC and Frankfurt if I only have enough miles for suites one way and business the other direction would it be better to fly suites on the jfk-fra route or the fra-jfk route? I would guess the jfk-fra route because coming back the flight leaves at like 8 something in the morning so the lounge experience probably isn't as important?
I would do Suites ex-JFK given is night flight and with right amount of champagne i should be able to sleep soundly... Also Virgin club at jfk is an added bonus.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
i just realised you can now do retroactive claims for partner airlines online, when did this start? at the start of the year I had an SQ flight ticketed by UA and there was no option to do it online.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by merridius
i just realised you can now do retroactive claims for partner airlines online, when did this start? at the start of the year I had an SQ flight ticketed by UA and there was no option to do it online.
This has been an option for at least two years. There is a time limit for claiming the miles though, perhaps 6 months...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Now that SQ seems to have blocked row 11 on the 77W (4-class ver), I can't decide which is a better pick 15A/K or 12A/K? I'm currently assigned 15K on an upcoming SQ2 flight.

Row 15 is bulkhead but near the lavatory and galley
Row 12 is in the mini-cabin and further away from the galley since there is another row behind before that area.

Which one would be a better choice?

I have requested they move me to 11A/K and they said it's possible as long as it's not taken once it becomes unblocked and that it will usually happen a couple of weeks before the flight and have put in a request for it.

Given that I've always been able to select row 11 until recently, I don't have experience with this kind of request. Was the information provided to me correct about the request?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
Now that SQ seems to have blocked row 11 on the 77W (4-class ver), I can't decide which is a better pick 15A/K or 12A/K? I'm currently assigned 15K on an upcoming SQ2 flight.

Row 12 is in the mini-cabin and further away from the galley since there is another row behind before that area.

I have requested they move me to 11A/K and they said it's possible as long as it's not taken once it becomes unblocked and that it will usually happen a couple of weeks before the flight and have put in a request for it.

Given that I've always been able to select row 11 until recently, I don't have experience with this kind of request. Was the information provided to me correct about the request?
I prefer bulkhead, so row 15.

As for row 11, these can be selected by PPS even while they are blocked to others.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat

Always bulkheads in SQ J.
You could overcome light/noise with shades/plugs. But narrow foot cubby is a pain.

Row 11 is now blocked for non-pps, until closer to departure.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by terbangalways
I would do Suites ex-JFK given is night flight and with right amount of champagne i should be able to sleep soundly... Also Virgin club at jfk is an added bonus.
I ended up going LH F and will fly suites back. There was no suites availability on the outbound flight that opened up. I agree upon reflection that suites is much better going than coming back especially since the flight back is a morning departure and the difference between F and J is a lot less noticeable. There wasn't J availability coming back so i was forced into suites, since I didn't want to do economy.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Which 777-200 on SIN-BLR-SIN?

I think its this one, but wanted to check with anyone that's traveled recently? Can someone help relate it to the seatmaps for the 777-200 on the SQ site? There seem several PDFs.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by legionnaire
I think its this one, but wanted to check with anyone that's traveled recently? Can someone help relate it to the seatmaps for the 777-200 on the SQ site? There seem several PDFs.
This route uses a mix of these 2. The galleys and toilets are in slightly different configurations but the seats are the same. The link you posted to Seat Guru isn't the one.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...a-srseries.pdf

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...b-sqseries.pdf

Last edited by FN-GM; Aug 19, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by FN-GM
This route uses a mix of these 2. The galleys and toilets are in slightly different configurations but the seats are the same. The link you posted to Seat Guru isn't the one.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...a-srseries.pdf

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...b-sqseries.pdf
@FN-GM Thanks much.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I prefer bulkhead, so row 15.

As for row 11, these can be selected by PPS even while they are blocked to others.
Well that means I'll most likely not get row 11 since SQ 2 does tend to have a higher probability of PPS fliers so row 15 it is.

Thinking about it this is a 'day' flight for me since it arrives at night so I won't be sleeping much (or at all) to help me adjust so the noise isn't as big a consideration.

Thanks for the input.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:42 pm

Hi All,

What's the status of the SQ fleet update?

I have a flight from SIN to TPE next feb on the A330 in J. I had the option to choose BR, but I ended up choosing SQ because I wanted to fly a different product (I'll be flying BR from TPE to ORD after the SIN to TPE). I read that SQ is in the process of updating their fleet, including introducing a new business seat for the A330. Is there any remote chance that I'll end up on a new regional business product?

I'm having a little buyers remorse since it seems like the BR product is superior, but at the same time, I actually like how the A330 cabin looks. How is SQ in a relatively short 4.5 hour regional flight? What kind of champagne do they serve? I don't fly business often, so this is supposed to be a nice splurge for myself.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi All,

I have a flight from SIN to TPE next feb on the A330 in J. I had the option to choose BR, but I ended up choosing SQ because I wanted to fly a different product (I'll be flying BR from TPE to ORD after the SIN to TPE). I read that SQ is in the process of updating their fleet, including introducing a new business seat for the A330. Is there any remote chance that I'll end up on a new regional business product?

I'm having a little buyers remorse since it seems like the BR product is superior, but at the same time, I actually like how the A330 cabin looks. How is SQ in a relatively short 4.5 hour regional flight? What kind of champagne do they serve? I don't fly business often, so this is supposed to be a nice splurge for myself.

@petey2428

I've flown a number of SQ regional flights
- SQ 863 HKG-SIN on the A388
- SQ 868 SIN-HKG on the B772
- SQ 871 HKG-SIN on the B772 a few times
- SQ 878 SIN-TPE on the A333 a few times

As I posted in the Book the Cook thread with photos, service was always impeccable, the meals were outstanding and the crews were awesome. Drinks, nuts, main meals including appetizers, warm breads, main course, cheese trolley, desserts...wow. I always ordered from BTC.

I've also flown BR TPE-HKG plus a number of TPACs with them. Service was always proficient, cabins and lavs were spotless. They served a full lunch with drinks and desserts in the 1 hour 25 minute flights (if it were only North American airlines could manage this). Also, I pre-ordered meals for each of my flights.

SQ and BR are both excellent but different. SQ crews are warmer and from a variety of different cultural backgrounds - like Singapore itself. The BR crews tend to be plentiful but young and not all spoke English well. Didn't matter to me, but it does to others.

Hope this helps.

P.S. My photos are post 586 to 598 here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...thread-40.html
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi All,

Unfortunately you won't be getting any new regional business product on the 330. Most of them are leased anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:46 am

777-300ER First Class new or old

I am flying F NRT - SIN on the Boeing 777-300ER. I was wondering whether I will have the new product or the old? The current seat map shows 8 seats in F. Does this mean that it will most likely be the 2006 product? I heard rumors that all planes were being upgraded to the 2013 product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.