Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by playbbg
they are all on the same PNR. Because I'm using United miles, it won't let me book First Class on SQ, therefore I'm on fight SQ603 (A333 regional business) from ICN-SIN and OZ752 (A333 regional businesS) SIN-ICN, continuing on in Asiana First SIN-ORD.

My question is whether I am entitled to the first class lounge in SIN because of my ORD-ICN and ICN-ORD segmetns in First Class, flying on the same day.
Your question has been answered here.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:23 am

Hi, how do I acquire KF mileage if I'm flying domestic flight using South African Airways?

As far as I know, SA Airways is part of *A.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Traflying
Hi, how do I acquire KF mileage if I'm flying domestic flight using South African Airways?

As far as I know, SA Airways is part of *A.
When you book the fights give your KF number and you should be set. You can also show your KF card during checkin.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by FN-GM
When you book the fights give your KF number and you should be set. You can also show your KF card during checkin.
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
I am flying VTZ - SIN - ICN - SFO with VTZ - SIN on Silk Air. I am *G on A3 (haven't recd the *G card yet) and plan to credit the flight miles to UA (main carrier).

Q) Will the agent at VTZ (which is a new service) be able to provide *G benefits (without the card) for the SQ segments ? I have the United Club card. So lounge benefits will be using the Club card. But I am more keen on priority boarding & baggage.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
EDIT: deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 29, 2013 at 4:39 pm
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:25 am

Is it possible to use Krisflyer miles when booking with other SA carriers, in particular Thai?

I know you can earn KF miles, but what about redemption?

I wanted to book TG economy DEL-BKK-NRT in February (BKK-NRT on the A380) but if I could use [some of] my KF miles then it would be even better!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JohnDP
Hi,

I will be flying on an M&M award on SQ F end of this week. The code that I got from M&M, via Checkmytrip, gives me the SQ booking code.

When I insert this on the website it cannot give me any choice. Am I doing something wrong?
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...jul2012-5.html

Starting at post 66, was about when we discovered that SQ has "turned-off" the ability to access your flight info/etc. you will need to call your local SQ office to deal with your booking. Their website is, essentially, useless.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:04 pm

Hi,

Quick question, am new to the miles upgrade thing. If i will to upgrade a economy seat to a business seat but somehow, i need to re-schedule my flight. what will happen to the upgrade? will it be brought to the new flight? if not, will i be able to get the miles back?

thanks
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: All of them...
Whats SQ cancellation policy on award tickets? Free to cancel within 24H?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:56 am

I am really needing my question in post #97 answered if anyone can. @:-)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I am flying with Jetstar Asia from Singapore to Yangon then turning around that same day to fly Yangon-Singapore with MI and then connecting Singapore-London with SQ.

Can I access any SQ (or Star lounge (I'm Star Gold)) before my flight to Yangon by virtue of the fact I have a same day SQ flight?

My experience is limited to Qantas where, for example, I would be able to access the QF lounge prior to the flight to Yangon, irrespective of the airline I'm flying with to Yangon, if I was flying with QF that same day.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:53 am

Just got an email telling me I have been 'upgraded' to KF Elite Silver Membership, and my new membership card will be in the post ASAP.

What does this mean?

I only have 32k miles.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:16 pm

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
Originally Posted by danger
I am flying with Jetstar Asia from Singapore to Yangon then turning around that same day to fly Yangon-Singapore with MI and then connecting Singapore-London with SQ.

Can I access any SQ (or Star lounge (I'm Star Gold)) before my flight to Yangon by virtue of the fact I have a same day SQ flight?

My experience is limited to Qantas where, for example, I would be able to access the QF lounge prior to the flight to Yangon, irrespective of the airline I'm flying with to Yangon, if I was flying with QF that same day.
Sq is usually very strict with applying access to sq lounge for departing sq flights only, and for that segment only.

If you show the boarding pass for sin-lhr then yes.

But otherswise ymmv: if you are lucky: I have been granted access to sq f lounge on arrivals sq f then departing sq biZ. I have also been granted access to sq private lounge on award tickets.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by globaltravelers
Sq is usually very strict with applying access to sq lounge for departing sq flights only, and for that segment only.

If you show the boarding pass for sin-lhr then yes.

But otherswise ymmv: if you are lucky: I have been granted access to sq f lounge on arrivals sq f then departing sq biZ. I have also been granted access to sq private lounge on award tickets.
Thanks for that. I will try to have a printout of the boarding pass for the SIN-LHR sector and see how I go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.