Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:03 am

I just booked SQ LHR-SIN rtn for Oct 21/Nov 14.

To be my horror, I could not see any option to choose upper deck economy seats!

Call me slow if you like, but have SQ had equipment change with new A380s so these ones just have economy on main deck only?

Or have I simply been too slow in booking my tickets?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
I just booked SQ LHR-SIN rtn for Oct 21/Nov 14.

To be my horror, I could not see any option to choose upper deck economy seats!

Call me slow if you like, but have SQ had equipment change with new A380s so these ones just have economy on main deck only?

Or have I simply been too slow in booking my tickets?
SQ have two variants of the A380 with the latest variant having all business class on the upper deck and economy & suites on the lower deck.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by cssaus
SQ have two variants of the A380 with the latest variant having all business class on the upper deck and economy & suites on the lower deck.
Yes, it is as I feared.

I booked with the cheapest 'super deals' fare, which says no cancellation, and no changes to itiniery. However, surely if I paid the difference over the phone or something, then they can 'upgrade' me to the regular 'flexi' fare so I can change my plane?

It's not an itiniery I want changing, I just want to change the flight numbers of the aircraft.

The upper deck economy plane now leaves LHR at 18.30 (I think SQ319), whereas I booked SQ317 which leaves at 11.30.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Yes, it is as I feared.

I booked with the cheapest 'super deals' fare, which says no cancellation, and no changes to itiniery. However, surely if I paid the difference over the phone or something, then they can 'upgrade' me to the regular 'flexi' fare so I can change my plane?

It's not an itiniery I want changing, I just want to change the flight numbers of the aircraft.

The upper deck economy plane now leaves LHR at 18.30 (I think SQ319), whereas I booked SQ317 which leaves at 11.30.
You should be able to upgrade to a flexi over the phone.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:07 am

Thumbs down

Can someone please tell me how the double/triple KF miles deals work when booking with partner hotels?

There is currently deals with the likes of Anantara and Marriott where you can earn double/triple KF miles if you book with them.

But which SQ bookings does this apply to?

I have already booked LHR-SIN-LHR a while ago, now I am looking for hotels.

I presume if I quoted my KF number when booking with Anantara I would NOT get double miles automatically, as I made my flight bookings earlier in the year.

What if I made a new booking tonight, SIN-BKK-SIN, and then claimed double points at Anantara Bangkok Riverside?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:49 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Can someone please tell me how the double/triple KF miles deals work when booking with partner hotels?

There is currently deals with the likes of Anantara and Marriott where you can earn double/triple KF miles if you book with them.

But which SQ bookings does this apply to?

I have already booked LHR-SIN-LHR a while ago, now I am looking for hotels.

I presume if I quoted my KF number when booking with Anantara I would NOT get double miles automatically, as I made my flight bookings earlier in the year.

What if I made a new booking tonight, SIN-BKK-SIN, and then claimed double points at Anantara Bangkok Riverside?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but airline miles have nothing to do with these hotel offers... specials with hotels are usually based on number of stays or amount in $ spent.
ie. With most of the participating chains, you get 500 (Anantara) or 1000 miles per stay. Some others, like Marriott, get you 1 or 2 miles per USD spent.

So it's not linked to your ticket at all. You don't even need a SQ ticket to get those miles.

I don't think they double or triple your miles flown (which is what I kind of understood from your question).
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but airline miles have nothing to do with these hotel offers... specials with hotels are usually based on number of stays or amount in $ spent.
ie. With most of the participating chains, you get 500 (Anantara) or 1000 miles per stay. Some others, like Marriott, get you 1 or 2 miles per USD spent.

So it's not linked to your ticket at all. You don't even need a SQ ticket to get those miles.

I don't think they double or triple your miles flown (which is what I kind of understood from your question).
Ok, thanks for the reply.

But there is a specific promotion at the moment where you get double KF miles with certain hotel chains, and even triple KF miles with the likes of Jumeirah.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Ok, thanks for the reply.

But there is a specific promotion at the moment where you get double KF miles with certain hotel chains, and even triple KF miles with the likes of Jumeirah.
Then you give your KF number at the hotel counter at check in. For these miles to post, you need to book a published rate and pay at the hotel upon check out. Prepaid rates through travel websites usually do not qualify.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:27 am

I have booked two separate tickets with SQ, one was my LHR-SIN rtn ticket, and the other is a SIN-DPS rtn ticket.

I am effectively doing DPS-SIN-LHR on the same day, but as they are two separate bookings, I am unaware of what happens when I get to SIN.

Departing Bali around 9am, I will then have 11hrs to kill at Changi before my return flight to London (SQ322) at 23.50.

When I check in at Bali I can ask for them to forward my luggage to London, so I don't have to collect it, yes?

But this doesn't excuse the problem of not having a boarding pass for the SIN-LHR leg. I don't think check in counters at DPS can issue that.

So what do I do? Leave my luggage in the safe(!) hands of SQ, and then clear immigration for 8hrs or so in the City, before heading back to the airport to check in for SQ322?

Or do I somehow try to find a way of using the transit hotel, staying in the airport, for the whole day?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
I have booked two separate tickets with SQ, one was my LHR-SIN rtn ticket, and the other is a SIN-DPS rtn ticket.

I am effectively doing DPS-SIN-LHR on the same day, but as they are two separate bookings, I am unaware of what happens when I get to SIN.

Departing Bali around 9am, I will then have 11hrs to kill at Changi before my return flight to London (SQ322) at 23.50.

When I check in at Bali I can ask for them to forward my luggage to London, so I don't have to collect it, yes?

But this doesn't excuse the problem of not having a boarding pass for the SIN-LHR leg. I don't think check in counters at DPS can issue that.

So what do I do? Leave my luggage in the safe(!) hands of SQ, and then clear immigration for 8hrs or so in the City, before heading back to the airport to check in for SQ322?

Or do I somehow try to find a way of using the transit hotel, staying in the airport, for the whole day?
I've had a similar scenario where I had a SYD-SIN-BKK-SIN-SYD ticket and a SIN-MNL-SIN ticket. For my BKK-SIN-SYD flight I had a stopover in SIN during which time I flew the return to MNL.

On checking in at BKK I simply asked the agent to issue me with the SIN-BKK boarding pass which they did. The only difference was that I didn't have any checked luggage but I don't see that should be a problem for you once the agent has checked your two bookings.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

- YES.

DPS can issue your BP as you're on a SQ flight. No problems at all.

But I'd like to know why didn't you buy one ticket from LHR to DPS with stopovers in SIN. The total fare would have been much cheaper.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Sorry, novice question.

I am flying ORD-ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN-ORD. the ORD-ICN and ICN-ORD flights are in first class (its a UA miles ticket, ticketed in first class. I am also 1K). Will i have first class lounge access in SIN because its a first class ticket and each way i will be either coming from or continuing on in First (the ticket should be plated in F)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:23 am

edited

Last edited by Traflying; Oct 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by playbbg
Sorry, novice question.

I am flying ORD-ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN-ORD. the ORD-ICN and ICN-ORD flights are in first class (its a UA miles ticket, ticketed in first class. I am also 1K). Will i have first class lounge access in SIN because its a first class ticket and each way i will be either coming from or continuing on in First (the ticket should be plated in F)?

Thanks!
Your ICN-SIN, SIN-ICN is not in first class?

What airlines/class of service for each route are you flying?
What lounge are you trying to access?
Are all of these flights on the same PNR?

Last edited by ok2uselane; Oct 20, 2012 at 9:29 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Your ICN-SIN, SIN-ICN is not in first class?

What airlines/class of service for each route are you flying?
What lounge are you trying to access?
Are all of these flights on the same PNR?
they are all on the same PNR. Because I'm using United miles, it won't let me book First Class on SQ, therefore I'm on fight SQ603 (A333 regional business) from ICN-SIN and OZ752 (A333 regional businesS) SIN-ICN, continuing on in Asiana First SIN-ORD.

My question is whether I am entitled to the first class lounge in SIN because of my ORD-ICN and ICN-ORD segmetns in First Class, flying on the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.