FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Jan 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 22155662)
The dreaded 31st Jan deadline for property and income tax draws near too. Dont suppose anyone has figured out a replacement payment method to earn points now that the DBS Altitutde payment at AXS no longer works...?

Yes, both Diners Club and DBS cards do not give points anymore for IRAS property tax payment and there are NO cards that give points for IRAS payment.

The only good thing you can enjoy is to defer payment for the Property tax by 1 month when using credit cards to pay, meaning extend the payment deadline by paying to the credit card instead.

carrotjuice Jan 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22155792)
The only good thing you can enjoy is to defer payment for the Property tax by 1 month when using credit cards to pay, meaning extend the payment deadline by paying to the credit card instead.

Rather than defer for 1 month, since no points are earned anyway, I have just opted for monthly GIRO to spread payments over the year.

SQ319 Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22155849)
Rather than defer for 1 month, since no points are earned anyway, I have just opted for monthly GIRO to spread payments over the year.

+1 here. GIRO is the most convenient for any payment which does not earn any miles/points, imo.

hclee01 Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22155849)

If you have a Diners Credit Card, you can pay via interest-free instalment plan too:
http://www.dinersclub.com.sg/en/merc...ce/lta/faq.asp

Volasia Jan 14, 2014 10:10 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

How about the tax facility from ANZ? Has anyone tried? I failed to understand how it works.

vsepr Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm

^

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22135927)
Ok....will let you all know how many Citidollars was awarded when the charge gets posted a few days later on Citibank Online.

REALLY HAVE!! I was awarded 150 Citidollars for the $15 charge made on 11 Jan, posted online today 16 Jan!!

11/01/2014

SINGTEL-MYBILL SINGAPORE SG

SGD 15.00

Will try on M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg and let you all know in a few days time!!

vsepr Jan 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22162549)
^

REALLY HAVE!! I was awarded 150 Citidollars for the $15 charge made on 11 Jan, posted online today 16 Jan!!

11/01/2014

SINGTEL-MYBILL SINGAPORE SG

SGD 15.00

Will try on M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg and let you all know in a few days time!!

M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg also have 10x Citidollars with Citi Rewards Card!!

16/01/2014 M1 LTD INTERNET PAYMEN SINGAPORE SG SGD 5.00

Charge made on 16 Jan posted online today 19 Jan!! Awarded 50 Citidollars!!

I suspect any internet payment transaction with SMS-OTP required will be awarded 10x Citidollars, regardless of whether it is an online shopping website selling shoes, bags or clothes (local and overseas) or not.

Anyone tried vBox? www.vbox.com.sg

stiwi Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22179611)
M1 Internet Bill payment at www.m1.com.sg also have 10x Citidollars with Citi Rewards Card!!

I suspect any internet payment transaction with SMS-OTP required will be awarded 10x Citidollars, regardless of whether it is an online shopping website selling shoes, bags or clothes (local and overseas) or not.

But that would mean that you can get 4 miles/$1 for topping up Imagine / Fevo cards...? Someone mentioned that Starhub bill didn't earn 10x rewards.

vsepr Jan 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22180792)
But that would mean that you can get 4 miles/$1 for topping up Imagine / Fevo cards...? Someone mentioned that Starhub bill didn't earn 10x rewards.

Don't know about Imagine/Fevo cards and Starhub online bill payment because I don't have them.

But now confirm that SingTel mybill and M1 Internet Bill payment have 10x points with Citi Rewards Card.

I suspect www.vbox.com.sg maybe have 10x points too. But someone needs to try it.

carrotjuice Jan 20, 2014 4:37 am

If I use my Imagine Amex to top up an EZ-Link card for $100, would this be considered the $100 spend for the month to earn the 5% rebate capped at $5? Anyone tried this?

Volasia Jan 20, 2014 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 22156850)
How about the tax facility from ANZ? Has anyone tried? I failed to understand how it works.

anyone ?

stiwi Jan 20, 2014 8:47 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22186774)
If I use my Imagine Amex to top up an EZ-Link card for $100, would this be considered the $100 spend for the month to earn the 5% rebate capped at $5? Anyone tried this?

I don't think you can use Amex card for EZ-link top up unless you are talking about EZ-Reload which is automatic. But yes it would earn, internet, local or overseas spend would qualify.

SQ319 Jan 21, 2014 1:43 am

Anyone has any idea on how sticky Citibank is with regard to its minimum income requirements? A friend was trying to apply for the Premiermiles CC and was told that high chance of rejection for not meeting their min income and the staff basically refused to assist with the application because income req was not met (even though it was v close)

OT a little - I hate talking to Citibank call centre staff. They are the worst staff I have come across with the worst attitude and worst follow up.

percysmith Jan 21, 2014 2:28 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22192706)
OT a little - I hate talking to Citibank call centre staff. They are the worst staff I have come across with the worst attitude and worst follow up.

Citi is a global bank in that respect...we call them Shxti CS http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...w.php?id=10305

LuisHK Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22192706)
Anyone has any idea on how sticky Citibank is with regard to its minimum income requirements? A friend was trying to apply for the Premiermiles CC and was told that high chance of rejection for not meeting their min income and the staff basically refused to assist with the application because income req was not met (even though it was v close)

They're strict if you're a new customer. If you had a lower grade Citi cc with good spending patterns they are usually more generous.

As on the call centre people, it's a hit or miss - had encountered really good, helpful, knowledgeable ones and some really irritating lot.

carrotjuice Jan 21, 2014 3:57 am

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22187756)
I don't think you can use Amex card for EZ-link top up unless you are talking about EZ-Reload which is automatic. But yes it would earn, internet, local or overseas spend would qualify.

You're right... only MC and VISA are available for EZ-Link top up online. My bad.

lingua101 Jan 21, 2014 10:04 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22186774)

my rebaye always show $0

lingua101 Jan 21, 2014 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 22187223)
anyone ?

you need to do giro plan with iras. anz will then transferred the monthly installment amount to the bank account which you have giro arrangement with iras.

Linkster Jan 24, 2014 7:30 am

i just found out:
EARN 10X REWARDS (10 REWARDS POINTS OR 4 MILES FOR EVERY $1 SPEND) WHEN YOU SHOP FOR SHOES, CLOTHES OR BAGS OR AT DEPARTMENTAL STORES OR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITES WITH YOUR CITIBANK REWARDS CARD.

so this should be better than the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card which earns 4 miles for every S$1 spend for non-airline online shopping?

lcpteck Jan 24, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 22213662)
i just found out:
EARN 10X REWARDS (10 REWARDS POINTS OR 4 MILES FOR EVERY $1 SPEND) WHEN YOU SHOP FOR SHOES, CLOTHES OR BAGS OR AT DEPARTMENTAL STORES OR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITES WITH YOUR CITIBANK REWARDS CARD.

so this should be better than the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card which earns 4 miles for every S$1 spend for non-airline online shopping?

You can refer to my signature for the list of what works and what doesn't for each type of card. I started the original list and it's been open up so others can add in their experiences. ^

carrotjuice Jan 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Did anyone receive this (rather cryptic) SMS from Citibank?

"Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas with Citi PremierMiles Visa Card!T&C apply.SMS citimiles to 72484 to register.SMS UNSUB to 72484. citi.com.sg/contact"

Funny thing is... I can find the T&C nowhere! (validity period, any minimum spend, etc.)

hclee01 Jan 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22217662)
Did anyone receive this (rather cryptic) SMS from Citibank?

"Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas with Citi PremierMiles Visa Card!T&C apply.SMS citimiles to 72484 to register.SMS UNSUB to 72484. citi.com.sg/contact"

Funny thing is... I can find the T&C nowhere! (validity period, any minimum spend, etc.)

This is the T&C which I have received via email:
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s1.pdf

This is a targeted campaign and varies from person to person:
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s1.pdf
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s2.pdf
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s3.pdf
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s4.pdf
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s5.pdf
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...t13/TNC_s6.pdf

The difference is due to the minimum spending needed to qualify as well as the maximum amount that one can earn. You probably have to call them to check out which promo is applicable to you.

carrotjuice Jan 24, 2014 11:29 pm

I don't know if it's the same promo considering it's almost end of Jan already... or the start of a new promo?

I had received a similar SMS back in Dec that specifically mentioned a min spend. "Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas with Citi PremierMiles Visa Card! Min spend $5,000.T&C apply.SMS citimiles to 72484 to register.SMS UN to 72484 to unsub"

This recent one didn't have a min spend.

hclee01 Jan 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22218223)
I don't know if it's the same promo considering it's almost end of Jan already... or the start of a new promo?

I had received a similar SMS back in Dec that specifically mentioned a min spend. "Earn 3 miles per $1 spent overseas with Citi PremierMiles Visa Card! Min spend $5,000.T&C apply.SMS citimiles to 72484 to register.SMS UN to 72484 to unsub"

This recent one didn't have a min spend.

I suspect that this is the existing one as the last email I received from them on this promo was on 22 Jan 2014. I did receive a similar SMS last year without minimum spend too.

vsepr Jan 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by stiwi (Post 22125325)
Yes, 100%. All DFS on Changi earn 4miles/$1 for Citi Rewards card :)

If Duty Free shops at Changi Airport earns 10x points with Citi Rewards Card, all other Duty Free shops should earn 10x points too.

Examples:
Lotte Duty Free: http://en.lottedfs.com/main
ANA Duty Free Shop: http://www.anadf.com/en/

How about airlines' inflight duty free purchases? EVA Air SkyShop, SIA KrisShop, ANA SkyShop etc etc.......

If you happen to be travelling overseas, please help to make small purchases with Citi Rewards card and advise. Many thanks!

straits38 Jan 26, 2014 5:37 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 22218250)
I suspect that this is the existing one as the last email I received from them on this promo was on 22 Jan 2014. I did receive a similar SMS last year without minimum spend too.

agreed. looks like the same promo.

yosithezet Jan 26, 2014 8:48 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22214185)
You can refer to my signature for the list of what works and what doesn't for each type of card. I started the original list and it's been open up so others can add in their experiences. ^

When did top&tap stop giving 10x on UOB PPV?

Linkster Jan 26, 2014 8:57 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22214185)

May I know how do you know if there are 10x UNI$ for each particular transaction? Do you monitor the UNI$ balance online via internet banking every day to check what is the increase?

SirJman Jan 27, 2014 1:16 am

I spent 7 months, yes 7, completing a $2000 chargeback with Citi. Everytime I would call, the call centre staff could see nothing about it and would always tell me "they would get someone to call me back". It was a joke how many times I had to call them to get it completed. They only sent me the documents last week (which the cover letter was so wrong about my dispute it was a comical) saying the chargeback was approved, but I needed to call them within 7 days, which I did, and they still knew nothing about it.

The idiots also included a copy of an internal email from their offices here in SG, to their chargeback department in Europe. They only started the chargeback in December, even though the first time I called them (I had to submit my documents 5 different times) was back in July!

Once I get that refund (it's still yet to be paid to me), that PremierMiles card is going straight in the rubbish, since ANZ just gave me a TravelCard. Even though its a joke they don't have online banking, I'd still rather use it over Citi.

Aeran Jan 27, 2014 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 22225291)
When did top&tap stop giving 10x on UOB PPV?

Towards the end of last year people were using UOB PPV to get 10x UNI$ for topping up their EZ-Link issued prepaid credit cards online (AMEX Imagine, FEVO MC, M1 MC), effectively letting us get 10x on all spend. UOB likely noticed the surge in 10x UNI$ being issued as a result of EZ-Link transactions, and around Nov 24th EZ-Link transactions no longer gave 10x UNI$, with Top&Tap (also by EZ-Link) as collateral damage.

You can find more information on the change on this thread starting at page 157 - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...hread-157.html

yosithezet Jan 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Aeran (Post 22232257)
You can find more information on the change on this thread starting at page 157 - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...hread-157.html

Thanks. Have a post number? Pages aren't helpful as we may see different numbers of posts per page. For me this thread is only 64 pages long.

Aeran Jan 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 22234538)
Thanks. Have a post number? Pages aren't helpful as we may see different numbers of posts per page. For me this thread is only 64 pages long.

Apologies, didn't realize that. Post #2,343 on this thread is the start of the news.

vsepr Jan 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22179611)

I charged S$5 to Citi Rewards card at www.vbox.com.sg and was awarded 1x points only (5 Citidollars)!!

24/01/2014

*VBOX SINGTEL PAYMENT SINGAPORE SG (Merchant code: 9399 Government Services ( Not Elsewhere Classified))

SGD 5.00

Please take note!! vBox payments DOES NOT award 10x points!!

chongsss Jan 28, 2014 4:21 am

I just received my UOB statement for January and I got 10x UNI$ for Ez-reload top-up.

eriond Jan 28, 2014 5:26 am

Originally Posted by chongsss (Post 22237110)
I just received my UOB statement for January and I got 10x UNI$ for Ez-reload top-up.

Can I ask, it is the auto top-up ($0.25) or one-time top-up ($0.90)?

yosithezet Jan 28, 2014 6:14 am

Where do you see how much you got?

chongsss Jan 28, 2014 6:24 am

Auto top-up ($0.25). I received 290 UNI$ for $145 spend (include EZ-reload).

lcpteck Jan 28, 2014 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 22225318)
May I know how do you know if there are 10x UNI$ for each particular transaction? Do you monitor the UNI$ balance online via internet banking every day to check what is the increase?

That's correct. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of my individual transactions.

eriond Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by chongsss (Post 22237515)
Auto top-up ($0.25). I received 290 UNI$ for $145 spend (include EZ-reload).

Thanks for the info, that's certainly good news. Now hoping the DBS WMC gives 10x for the autoreload.

planetshakers Jan 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Which card? UOB PPV?