FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

keepinitsimple Mar 22, 2011 9:43 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16079732)
On a side note, if you use a Nets Flashpay card for MRT/bus travel then are you charged the same as if you were using an EZ-link card?

Does NETS flashpay offer ez-reload? If not, dont bother due to the incovenience of topping up manually.

aster Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

I don't use EZ-reload even on my EZ-link card(s), I just prefer to top-up manually. Plus I like to maintain a >$100 balance so it's not like I'm going to run out of credit when entering the MRT... ;)

I'm just curious if the Flashpay card will be charged exactly the same fare.

JackDaniels Mar 22, 2011 10:50 pm

I've been using Amex Plat Charge for both business and personal. I do not have a personal credit card, only debit. Should I go for the CitiPremier?

Now that I am an EP holder I'm wondering from the SG FTers what are some creative ways to earn miles here? I suppose there's not a Singapore Mint eh?!

aster Mar 23, 2011 12:18 am

DBS Altitude Amex should be your first pick. You might want to get the Citi one as a second card though...

JackDaniels Mar 23, 2011 12:35 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16084891)
DBS Altitude Amex should be your first pick. You might want to get the Citi one as a second card though...

I do all my personal banking with OCBC. I'd think that doesnt really make a difference in this case right?

aster Mar 23, 2011 12:42 am

You might need an account with DBS, not sure if it's a requirement to have a card with them as I happen to bank with them anyway.

I really like OCBC's main branch - it's a class above the experience at any of the other banks I've dealt with.

percysmith Mar 23, 2011 12:53 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16084891)

Wish DBS Hong Kong will offer the Altitude (they offer DBS Black only). Life will be so much easier if we had a killer card like that.

Look at our list: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-10.html#144 . We don't have any killer card. We came close to one when Fubon Bank Hong Kong offered HK$6/Asia Mile on their Visa, but they've withdrawn that now.

Interesting deal you have with EZ-Link

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx
http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...programme.aspx

So it's essentially S$0.25/KF mile isn't it? The best we could do is HK$7.5/AM on our AAVS (Octopus auto-reloading).

Any deals on bill payments or dining?

kitsura Mar 23, 2011 5:03 am

Aster> you don't need a DBS account to hold their credit cards.

Percysmith> don't think there are any deals on bill payments. I know certain card offer 10x rewards for dining but then its limited to a few restaurants.

percysmith Mar 23, 2011 5:34 am

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 16085553)
Percysmith> don't think there are any deals on bill payments. I know certain card offer 10x rewards for dining but then its limited to a few restaurants.

So are any points awarded?

aster Mar 23, 2011 7:26 am

Actually the Maybank offer of 10x points for Crystal Jade (good chain of restaurants) and Kuishin-Bo (buffet) would be quite useful in my case as I frequent both places.

The problem with Maybank's offer is that the 10x list of merchants might change after March 31st.

percysmith Mar 23, 2011 7:53 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16086107)
Actually the Maybank offer of 10x points for Crystal Jade (good chain of restaurants) and Kuishin-Bo (buffet) would be quite useful in my case as I frequent both places.

The problem with Maybank's offer is that the 10x list of merchants might change after March 31st.

Yum yum. Crystal Jade Hong Kong never does card promos.

keepinitsimple Mar 24, 2011 9:58 am

Same

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16081120)

Fare is same.

insigma Apr 3, 2011 10:10 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16006737)
I once did the calculations for the SQ card and didn't find it as enticing as it promised to be. I would skip it.

I'm just curious though. the SQ Gold Amex has always used the motto: "Credit Card – The fastest way to earn KrisFlyer miles"..

I do not remember the last time that this was the case. Is that grounds for false advertising?

kitsura Apr 3, 2011 5:31 pm

Good news for those with the Maybank Horizon card, the ezlink 10x reward points is still valid.

aviationp Apr 3, 2011 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by insigma (Post 16151997)
I'm just curious though. the SQ Gold Amex has always used the motto: "Credit Card – The fastest way to earn KrisFlyer miles"..

I do not remember the last time that this was the case. Is that grounds for false advertising?

I think you'll find the difference between Amex KF Gold is that you actually earn 1 mile for 1.60 dollars, whereas in other cases you earn x points per dollar where each point can be redeemed for x number of miles. In that case, it is possibly the ONLY way to earn KF miles, but that is one potential theory

aster Apr 3, 2011 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by insigma (Post 16151997)

In Singapore you'll find that tons of advertising is misleading.

In a general sense, the best card right now is still the DBS Altitude Amex.

Of course there are "speciality cards" that earn more in certain cases, like the Citi Platinum card for supermarket/department store spend, or the Maybank one for overseas spend.

So of course the ideal way is to have several cards, but if you only want to focus on one then I'd get the Altitude Amex.

aster Apr 3, 2011 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 16153860)
Good news for those with the Maybank Horizon card, the ezlink 10x reward points is still valid.

Yes, extended thru June '11 in fact. Are you still able to get those bonus miles on EZlink "home top-ups?" :)

chrisksc Apr 4, 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16155024)
So of course the ideal way is to have several cards, but if you only want to focus on one then I'd get the Altitude Amex.

"IF" to just focus on one card, I would go with Citi PremireMiles VISA as it is accepted in more places than Amex.

I frequent places like New York New York restuarant, ThaiExpress restuarant, they do not accept Amex at all.

Additionally, many other places (travel agencies, small shops etc) that charges fee for using credit card, would always charge more for using Amex.

my 2 cents ;)

demue Apr 4, 2011 1:46 am

JUst my two cents worth on an sometimes overlooked factor. I had to do dispute resolutions with both Amex (KF Gold) and Visa (Citibank Plat) and Mastercard (German LH M&M version) I can only tell you that both Visa and Mastercard are very poor in my view how they handle such disputes.

Amex credits back the amount, contacts the vendor, discusses the issue raised with the charge and overall supports you as a card holder quite well. Visa and MC ask for tons of paperwork, do nothing for weeks and come back saying they can't do anything and that one should take legal (civil court) action. Utter rubbish. This may sound like something not important but it really pays when it happens and is needed.

That's why I stick to KF Amex Gold and Citi Visa Plat combo. Yes not the most optimal version but I don't want too may cards and I really appreciate Amex service which has come through 3 times now on disputes.

percysmith Apr 4, 2011 2:28 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc (Post 16155334)
"IF" to just focus on one card, I would go with Citi PremireMiles VISA as it is accepted in more places than Amex.

I frequent places like New York New York restuarant, ThaiExpress restuarant, they do not accept Amex at all.

Additionally, many other places (travel agencies, small shops etc) that charges fee for using credit card, would always charge more for using Amex.

my 2 cents ;)

If in SIN or HKG, I won't just have one card.

True, some places don't take Visa. But that's still no excuse to carry just one card whilst going out.

HKers love their Premiermiles cos it's caters for their specific biases - no fussy "no Amex" discussions, no research, no conversion fuss, no fees, no promotions with T&C to observe. Except they don't realise they're losing 50% of potential miles if they've done their homework http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-26.html#382

In my wallet at all times, I keep at least three credit cards - one dining (usually a Visa - 50% restaurants here don't take Amex - but certain banks here reward double or triple miles for dining on specific Visa cards), one Amex and one Visa good for earning everything but dining http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-10.html#144. If I travel different cards are carried depending where I go.

percysmith Apr 4, 2011 2:35 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 16155438)
JUst my two cents worth on an sometimes overlooked factor. I had to do dispute resolutions with both Amex (KF Gold) and Visa (Citibank Plat) and Mastercard (German LH M&M version) I can only tell you that both Visa and Mastercard are very poor in my view how they handle such disputes.

Amex credits back the amount, contacts the vendor, discusses the issue raised with the charge and overall supports you as a card holder quite well. Visa and MC ask for tons of paperwork, do nothing for weeks and come back saying they can't do anything and that one should take legal (civil court) action. Utter rubbish. This may sound like something not important but it really pays when it happens and is needed.

That's why I stick to KF Amex Gold and Citi Visa Plat combo. Yes not the most optimal version but I don't want too may cards and I really appreciate Amex service which has come through 3 times now on disputes.

What you said is generally true. Some of the protection is explicit - No Worries Gurantee's 45 day's accident and theft cover and and 1 year extra warranty https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...00defaad94RCRD

Also anecdotally Amex has sided with the customer, at least in the US. Dunno whether this applies 100% to Asia.

Though there was one instance where I recommend using Visa over Amex - signing up for long-term fitness contracts (or any long-term service contracts). Visa allows for chargeback as late as 540 days after purchase, Amex 180 days http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...ow.php?id=4983

We in HK found an exception to this.

demue Apr 4, 2011 10:54 pm

Fair enough. No Fitness Club memberships for me, I'm cheap and use the one in my condo :). Both my Amex and Visa are SIN issued CCs. The disputes where done here in SIN. One with local vendor, one with US vendor, one with a UK vendor.

Either way, plenty of info in this thread for anyone to find a card for their individual purposes and needs.

vsepr Apr 5, 2011 2:58 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16155024)
In Singapore you'll find that tons of advertising is misleading.

In a general sense, the best card right now is still the DBS Altitude Amex.

Of course there are "speciality cards" that earn more in certain cases, like the Citi Platinum card for supermarket/department store spend, or the Maybank one for overseas spend.

Bad side of DBS Altitude AMEX:

Transfer to KrisFlyer/Asia Miles in blocks of 2,000 miles, not flexible. If you need small number of miles, you need to spend a lot more and waste $$. eg: if you are just short of 1234 miles to do a redemption of air tickets, you waste the balance 766miles. Citibank is better, transfer in ANY amount greater than 500miles, eg: 4366miles. Also, annual transfer fee of S$42.80 applies, although unlimited transfers, compared to Citibank's S$25 per transfer.

Bad side of AMEX KrisFlyer Gold:
Need minimum spending of S$12k a year to get the rate lower to $0.80 per mile (bonus 50% + 50%), usual is $1.60 per mile. And the worst part is: they make you wait till February the following year to get the bonus miles part. What if you need to use the miles urgently? Annual admin fee of $60 applies, annual fee $50 is waivable. Citibank's Premiermiles card is better. Awards $0.83 per mile instantly WITHOUT minimum spending. S$25 per transfer. Annual fee of S$192.60 if waivable if you do not want the 10,000 bonus miles.

3 MUST HAVE CITIBANK CARDS IN SINGAPORE!

1. Citi Platinum Visa/MasterCard: 5x rewards at departmental stores and supermarkets.
Every $1 spent get 5 Citidollars = 2 miles, ie: $1 spent = 2 miles, compared to Citi Premiermiles: $1 = 1.2 miles

Citibank 5X Rewards Merchants

Department Stores (Note: Citi Rewards Card awards 10x points)
Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store.

Supermarkets/Hypermarket
Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya. Sheng Siong

2. Citi Clear Platinum Card:
5X Rewards at:

Nightspots - Zouk, Butter Factory, Wala Wala Café Bar, Helipad, Timbre, Brewerkz, St James Power Station and more
• Cinemas - Cathay, Golden Village, Shaw, Eng Wah and more
• Cafes - Starbucks, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ®, TCC, Spinelli, Coffee Club and more
• Book Stores - Borders, Kinokuniya, MPH, Times, POPULAR Bookshop and more
• Music Stores - Gramaphone, That CD Shop, HMV and more

3. Citi Rewards Card: Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing (Eg: BATA, Giordano, Hang Ten, World of Sports etc) or at department stores, locally & overseas. S$1 spent = 4 miles!
Department Stores
Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store.

Note: UOB Preferred Platinum American Express® Card also earn 10x points for every S$5 spent at any department store or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes, or bags as its main business activity. But it awards points for every S$5 spent. If you spend S$9.99, you will lose out the points for the balance S$4.99 part & miles are transferred in blocks of 10,000 miles, S$20 admin fee per transfer.
Can combine Citidollars from Clear Platinum, Platinum Visa/Mastercard & Citi Rewards Card and transfer them to Frequent Flyer programs so that you pay the S$25 admin fee once, by calling Citibank at 6225 5225. Quote Clause 3.7 in the Terms & Conditions. Transfer in any amount greater than 500 miles, eg: 1234 miles. Every 5 Citidollars = 2 miles, eg: 3085 Citidollars = 1234 miles, hence more flexible than transferring in blocks of 500/1,000/2,000/10,000 miles.

kitsura Apr 5, 2011 3:43 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16155028)
Yes, extended thru June '11 in fact. Are you still able to get those bonus miles on EZlink "home top-ups?" :)

Yes. I've topped up $200 so far and have concentrated all grocery spends at 7elevens and cold storage. That means that I've earned 800 miles so far! Cheapest method of earning miles I've ever encountered, got to milk it while it lasts.

aacreative Apr 5, 2011 11:06 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 16155438)

Agree Amex is amazing in this aspect. I made a groupon purchase but groupon makes a charge thru some payment gateway whose name comes on the transaction, not groupon. I disputed and AMEX immediately removed the transaction. Later on I realized the real merchant and called them to put it back on.

aacreative Apr 5, 2011 11:12 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 16081120)

It is exactly the same fare. Just that finding a nets flashcard topup machine is a PITA.

aacreative Apr 5, 2011 11:14 am

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 16153860)

Great. Signed up with maybank just for this.

vsepr Apr 6, 2011 12:48 am

AMEX does not award points for EZ-link top-ups

Refer to point 4.1:

https://www.americanexpress.com/sg/p....shtml?page=CM

No points accrue in the respect of:

a. Charges processed and billed prior to the Enrolment Date or charges prepaid on any Card Account prior to the first billing statement for that Card Account following the Enrolment Date.
b. Express Cash and other cash services.
c. American Express Travellers Cheque purchases.
d. Charges for dishonoured cheques.
e. Finance charges – including charges and Card interest charges.
f. Late payment and collection charges.
g. Tax refunds from overseas purchases.
h. Balance Transfer.
i. Annual Card fees and Membership Rewards fees.
j. Pay portion billed for a “Pay + Points” reward, where the Cardmember uses Points along with paying a specific amount to redeem the reward.
k. Amount billed for purchase of Membership Rewards points to top-up your points balance.
l. Purchase and top-up charges for EZ-Link cards

percysmith Apr 6, 2011 1:47 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 16168733)
Refer to point 4.1:

a. Charges processed and billed prior to the Enrolment Date or charges prepaid on any Card Account prior to the first billing statement for that Card Account following the Enrolment Date.
h. Balance Transfer.
j. Pay portion billed for a “Pay + Points” reward, where the Cardmember uses Points along with paying a specific amount to redeem the reward.
k. Amount billed for purchase of Membership Rewards points to top-up your points balance.

Amex doesn't do top-ups for Octopus in HK at all.

Best card for miles (KF or AM) is SCB Priority Banking Visa Infinite over here (HK$7.5 (S$1.25)/mile).

demue Apr 6, 2011 1:57 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 16168733)
Refer to point 4.1:

h. Balance Transfer.

Does that mean that EZ Link now accept Amex? Until very recently they only accpeted locally issued Visa and MC.

percysmith Apr 6, 2011 2:00 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 16162376)
Bad side of DBS Altitude AMEX:
1. Citi Platinum Visa/MasterCard: 5x rewards at departmental stores and supermarkets.
Every $1 spent get 5 Citidollars = 2 miles, ie: $1 spent = 2 miles, compared to Citi Premiermiles: $1 = 1.2 miles

Citibank 5X Rewards Merchants

Department Stores (Note: Citi Rewards Card awards 10x points)

Supermarkets/Hypermarket
Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya. Sheng Siong

2. Citi Clear Platinum Card:
5X Rewards at:

Nightspots - Zouk, Butter Factory, Wala Wala Café Bar, Helipad, Timbre, Brewerkz, St James Power Station and more
• Cinemas - Cathay, Golden Village, Shaw, Eng Wah and more
• Cafes - Starbucks, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ®, TCC, Spinelli, Coffee Club and more
• Book Stores - Borders, Kinokuniya, MPH, Times, POPULAR Bookshop and more
• Music Stores - Gramaphone, That CD Shop, HMV and more

3. Citi Rewards Card: Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing (Eg: BATA, Giordano, Hang Ten, World of Sports etc) or at department stores, locally & overseas. S$1 spent = 4 miles!

Similar yet different deals from Citibank HK:

Our Premiermiles is HK$8 (S$1.33)/mile. Singapore deal is better.

Citibank SG Platinum is comparable to our Citibank HK Rewards - dept stores, supermarket and telecom bill payment 5X. Your S$1 = 2 miles is almost equivalent to our HK$3=1 mile for that kind of spending. Ours is capped at $12,500 spending/month though, hope there're no such silly caps in SG.

We don't have anything looking like your Clear or Rewards. Pity. On the whole I find the Singapore card offers better than HK.

Will be coming over for Easter but with HK cards - still, earning 6X on our SCB HK AE spending in S$ (S$0.42/mile) isn't bad. In fact for these two months I've got 7.5X (S$0.33/mile) on card-present overseas spending!

vsepr Apr 6, 2011 2:14 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 16168868)
Does that mean that EZ Link now accept Amex? Until very recently they only accpeted locally issued Visa and MC.

Yes. VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners Club are accepted for EZ-link top up.

More info here:
http://www.ezlink.com.sg/top-up/ez-reload-app-card.php

chrispstan Apr 6, 2011 8:43 am

Avoid Citi Rewards card

[QUOTE=vsepr;16162376]3. Citi Rewards Card: Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing (Eg: BATA, Giordano, Hang Ten, World of Sports etc) or at department stores, locally & overseas. S$1 spent = 4 miles!
Department Stores

A word of caution about the Citi Rewards card. Citi says 10X rewards for shopping. I did just that recently in London shopping at Marks & Spencer. When the credit card bill came through, I found that I had earned only the base rate of 1X rewards. When I called the hotline, I was told that Citi's system had tagged Marks & Spencer as a supermarket (!) and hence I was not eligible for the 10X rewards. The inconsistency is that M&S in Singapore qualifies for 10X rewards.

In view of this, I intend to just use my Maybank Horizon card in future. 5X rewards for ALL overseas spend. I may earn fewer miles but at least I know I will be getting the miles I deserve. None of this roulette playing with the Citi Rewards card.

aacreative Apr 6, 2011 11:27 am

[QUOTE=chrispstan;16170175]

Department Stores

A word of caution about the Citi Rewards card. Citi says 10X rewards for shopping. I did just that recently in London shopping at Marks & Spencer. When the credit card bill came through, I found that I had earned only the base rate of 1X rewards. When I called the hotline, I was told that Citi's system had tagged Marks & Spencer as a supermarket (!) and hence I was not eligible for the 10X rewards. The inconsistency is that M&S in Singapore qualifies for 10X rewards.

In view of this, I intend to just use my Maybank Horizon card in future. 5X rewards for ALL overseas spend. I may earn fewer miles but at least I know I will be getting the miles I deserve. None of this roulette playing with the Citi Rewards card.

I am currently in a fight with Citi on something similar. Will update once it is resolved. Being nice to the CSO helps.

aacreative Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am

[QUOTE=aacreative;16171248]

Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 16170175)
I am currently in a fight with Citi on something similar. Will update once it is resolved. Being nice to the CSO helps.

Resolved with Citi. They agreed to give me points after I threatened to write to the ST.
Will never use that crap card again. It is a crapshoot whether your spend is eligible for 10x rewards.

kitsura Apr 15, 2011 11:55 pm

[QUOTE=aacreative;16223183]

Originally Posted by aacreative (Post 16171248)
Resolved with Citi. They agreed to give me points after I threatened to write to the ST.
Will never use that crap card again. It is a crapshoot whether your spend is eligible for 10x rewards.

Wow! Never had to fight with a bank over reward points before. I been racking up massive points via my Maybank Horizon card (more than 70k in 1yr) due to huge amount of overseas vs local spends (internet purchases using foreign currency eligible for bonus too). Recently they even waived my rewards infinite membership charge without me asking.

aacreative Apr 16, 2011 12:00 am

[QUOTE=kitsura;16227557]

Originally Posted by aacreative (Post 16223183)
Wow! Never had to fight with a bank over reward points before. I been racking up massive points via my Maybank Horizon card (more than 70k in 1yr) due to huge amount of overseas vs local spends (internet purchases using foreign currency eligible for bonus too). Recently they even waived my rewards infinite membership charge without me asking.

I recently got the Maybank card. Doubt it is really as good as what everybody claims. Their fx rate is 1% worse than Amex in my empirical observation of buying 2 iPhone apps within a min of each other using Maybank and Amex. This is after incl all fx admin charges also.

percysmith Apr 16, 2011 12:07 am

Originally Posted by aacreative (Post 16171248)

I had a similar fight with Standard Chartered in Hong Kong when they decided Nadaman in the Shangri-La is not a restaurant.

Although it is possible some restaurants in hotels are coded as hotels, in my case my slip clearly identified the biller as "Nadaman, Island Shangri-La Hong Kong" and spending category "Food and Beverages".

I got my points back after writing them a hard copy complaint letter with a copy of the slip attached, but not before they incorrectly credited another transaction twice instead of the Nadaman transaction.

I have an even longer query with Bank of East Asia here when they were asked to confirm whether Fresh Mart underneath Sogo Department Store in Causeway Bay was a department store or a supermarket. Given BEA's appalling history of customer service, I wasn't satisfied until I got three positive confirmations that Fresh Mart was coded as a supermarket.

I hate these category promotions.

vsepr May 4, 2011 12:34 am

Be careful when you charge at Takashimaya Singapore with Citi Rewards Card!!

[QUOTE=chrispstan;16170175]

Department Stores

I made purchases with the Citi Rewards Card at Takashimaya Singapore's basement Japanese Restaurant and bakery which uses the Takashimaya credit card machine. Both Charge slip and posted charge online states: TAKASHIMAYA (S) LTD SINGAPORE SG.

However, when I check the rewards page, I was calculated that I was awarded only 1x point. I called to the Citiphone hotline and the staff said the merchant code is 5814: Food, hence not eligible for 10x.

The eligible merchant code for 10x Rewards are:
5621 – women ready to wear
5699 – accessories & apparel store, miscellaneous
5691 – men’s, women’s clothing store
5631 – women accessories & specialty store
5651 – family clothing store
5611 – men and boy’s clothing and accessories store
5655 – sports apparel & riding apparel store
5641 – children & infant wear store
5661 – shoe store
5948 – leather goods & luggage
5311 – departmental store

The cashiers may or may not know the merchant code. You can try asking them if you not sure when making payment.

rakso79 May 12, 2011 6:41 am

Can someone add a comparison for American Express Platinum, Platinum Reserve and Platinum Express (not DBS American Express)?

American Express Platinum gives you:

1) S$1.60 = 1 point
2) Permanent double points --> S$0.80 = 1 point
3) 8 points = 5 SQ miles --> S$1.28 = 1 mile

Is it right that the Amex Platinum is even worse than the Krisflyer Gold for miles?