Wiki Posts
Search

new mileage run possibility ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:55 am
Original Poster

new mileage run possibility ?

All,

just received emails sent to "normal" travelclub users, you can register for a promotion to receive up to 10k bonus miles per segment in europe (10k if you book now and fly in may). registered ok as circle. here is the link:

http://travelclub.swiss.com/europeGE

This should give a good rate per mile, and could be done smart like:

booking ZRH->CDG and back (and back-to back tickets) in may with a 7 day stay or similar, cost (if done smart) around CHF 49 per segment ++, 10k bonus miles per segment. It should be possible to do 4-6 flights per day, with 2 days (min. 3 days apart, to get best pricing) this will be 80k-120k bonus miles for 2 days of "work" and approx. 800 CHF.
Anyone interested in working out the best schedule from switzerland ?
could be done several days ...

What do you think ?
Majumo
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: some
I didn't get the mail, but registered anyway, as it doesn't say anything about beeing targeted...and yes, i would be in for a MR!

Last edited by verve; Feb 15, 2005 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: some
Some calculations

just played a little around:

1st Sun:
ZRH-CDG
CDG-ZRH-BER
BER-ZRH-VIE
VIE-ZRH

2nd Sun
ZRH-VIE
VIE-ZRH-BER
BER-ZRH-CDG
CDG-ZRH

Give's you a full day of flying and 132'000 miles. Total costs incl. taxes would be 1645 CHF which seems a little high, 0.012 CHF/mile.
I'm sure the creative people out there find something better, let me know! I need an F Ticket to HNL (160000) for later this year.

Regards

Chris
Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:34 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
hi,

what is this promotion offering exactly ??? i didnot get this offer by mail. the registration-website does not specify any details. although it was possible to register without being targeted :-)

thx
CHris
Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:34 pm

I am on if you guys want to do milage runs........

But for me would be best to start out of GVA or to meet you guys in ZRH...

I am looking forward..

kooks
Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

original email

here it is, was sent to my three children (i think i should take them with me for the mileage run so they can get me free tickets later ;-)

"Frühbucher aufgepasst: jetzt entscheiden und Gratis-Meilentickets abräumen"

´salutation´

Wer vom 15. bis 28. Februar 2005 einen Europaflug bucht, räumt jetzt besonders kräftig Meilen ab. Denn ganz gleich für welches Ziel innerhalb Europas Sie sich entscheiden, Ihr frühes Buchen wird besonders hoch belohnt.

Wir freuen uns schon jetzt, Sie bald an Bord von SWISS begrüssen zu dürfen.

Freundliche Grüsse

Richard Castle
Vice President
Customer Relationship Management

Meilen Angebot

Registrierung für die Promotion unter:
http://travelclub.swiss.com/europeGE

Reisemonat Wir schenken Ihnen pro Flugsegment
März 2005 2'500 Bonusmeilen
April 2005 5'000 Bonusmeilen
Mai 2005 10'000 Bonusmeilen

Das heisst, dass Sie z.B. für einen Flug nach Rom und zurück im Mai zusätzlich 10’000 Bonusmeilen für den Hinflug und nochmals 10’000 Bonusmeilen für den Rückflug erhalten, insgesamt 20’000 Bonusmeilen. Dies entspricht bereits einem Freiflug für Europa in der Swiss Economy. Dieses Angebot ist, unabhängig vom Tarif, gültig auf allen Europaflügen in der Swiss Business und Swiss Economy.

Konditionen:
Ihre Swiss TravelClub Mitglieds-Nummer muss während der Buchung angegeben werden. Sowohl die Buchung auf SWISS als auch die Registrierung für die Promotion muss zwischen dem 15. Februar 2005 und dem 28. Februar 2005 erfolgen. Für annullierte und umgebuchte Flugsegmente können keine Bonusmeilen gutgeschrieben werden. 1 Flugsegment besteht aus je einem Start und einer Landung auf SWISS durchgeführten Flügen zwischen der Schweiz und einer europäischen Destination. Inlandflüge sind von der Promotion ausgeschlossen. Die Bonusmeilen werden Ihrem Swiss TravelClub Meilenkonto 5-6 Wochen nach dem letzten Flug gutgeschrieben. Es gelten die Allgemeinen Bedingungen des Swiss TravelClub.

Feedback

Dieses E-Mail dient zu Ihrer Information. Wenn Sie Fragen zum Inhalt haben, dann kontaktieren Sie uns bitte unter contactus.

Für Aenderungen Ihrer Daten (z.B. E-mail-Adresse) können Sie auf folgenden Link klicken:
Profil Aenderungen

Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:32 pm

"Inlandflüge sind von der Promotion ausgeschlossen."
Domestic flights are excluded from the promotion.

But short flights like ZRH-STR or ZRH-MUC etc should work.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Guys,

got the promo and registered for it as well. I'm in for any mileage runs for the weekend of May 7, 14, 21 and/or 28. Routing suggestions? It seems that this is finally another one of these really nice and generous promos!

How about destinations such as MXP, STR, MUC? And I suppose back-to-back ticketing (fares ex other countries) are possible?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Well, got the promo too and registerd five minutes ago I'd be in for a MR too! Just returned from ATH yesterday...
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Dodgy translation of the above from German is a bit confusing: one part talks about "any European flight" , but the detailed conditions say "any flight from Switzerland". This suggests it was targetted at Swiss folk.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:52 am

Yeap - I got the promo on the general wednesday web special email. but i must be real stupid since i can easely register, but nowhere can i find the details of the promo... can anyone help me please ??? (the german text wasnt very clear to me..)
thanks in advance !
Kooks, I'm in for a mileage run from GVA - if swiss still flies anywhere in europe out of gva in may..
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by swiss traveler
Yeap - I got the promo on the general wednesday web special email. but i must be real stupid since i can easely register, but nowhere can i find the details of the promo... can anyone help me please ??? (the german text wasnt very clear to me..)
thanks in advance !
Kooks, I'm in for a mileage run from GVA - if swiss still flies anywhere in europe out of gva in may..
OK for the MR out of Geneva...

Is the WE 21-22 may OK for you ??

kooks.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:31 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by swiss traveler
Yeap - I got the promo on the general wednesday web special email.
Somebody knows when the "general" newsletter arrives in Germany? Nothing received yet

Patrick
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:31 am
Original Poster

If I understand the pricing right you will need to stay at least 3 days on a roundtrip ticket to get the best prices - so this is probably best done on 2 weekends (or workdays) a couple of days apart.
If I get this right, it's flights in BOTH directions and there is no restriction to book the tickets form Switzerland (bck-to-back will be ok).
Berlin is CHF 49, Paris seems to be the same (and the back-to-back ticket then is the same amount in €). Question is "where are the cheapest fees" - might well make sense to start from GVA or ZRH and then use BSL. Anyone knows which airports are cheapest ?

BTW: you can obviously also use the new flights done by for example Denim Air where you even get food on board for free

Greets

Majumo
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by majumo
If I understand the pricing right you will need to stay at least 3 days on a roundtrip ticket to get the best prices - so this is probably best done on 2 weekends (or workdays) a couple of days apart.
If I get this right, it's flights in BOTH directions and there is no restriction to book the tickets form Switzerland (bck-to-back will be ok).
Berlin is CHF 49, Paris seems to be the same (and the back-to-back ticket then is the same amount in €). Question is "where are the cheapest fees" - might well make sense to start from GVA or ZRH and then use BSL. Anyone knows which airports are cheapest ?

BTW: you can obviously also use the new flights done by for example Denim Air where you even get food on board for free

Greets

Majumo

For me week days should also be good,

Should we wait until May or start in March ??
I need Club miles too so .....

kooks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.