Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXP Cannot Select Preferred Seat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
EXP Cannot Select Preferred Seat

OK, since the website changed to have "preferred" seats, I can't select them. I'm currently EXP and never had problems selecting exit rows and other blocked seats before the change.

I just spent almost 30 mins on the phone with the EXP desk, AA.com and a supervisor at AA.com, and nobody can figure it out.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

It's just getting frustrating to have to call the EXP desk every time I want to get a decent seat.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Are you sure that you logged in before you tried to select seats?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Try logging out, clear all ur cookies and cache and log in again. Heck restart your computer too
Old Nov 1, 2008, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
As we all remember, this situation was the cause of this thread from two weeks ago, which resulted in a major realization by that OP.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by gemac
As we all remember, this situation was the cause of this thread from two weeks ago, which resulted in a major realization by that OP.
Actually, that's not applicable in this situation.

I can log in as my parents (both Plat), or my friend (EXP) from my same computer, same browser, no clearing the cookies, nada - and Boom - I can select all the premium seats.

It's the same on both work computers (Vista & Mac), laptop (Mac), Home computer (Mac). I even did what that OP did and clicked on the link contained in the email confirmations for these. Still won't let me do the preferred seat thing.

Also, to clarify, I can't change seats for previously ticketed reservations that I have been able to select premium seats for in the past.

SO - if anyone else has run in to this, or if anyone has any bright ideas as to how I might fix it (aside from a 4th call to aa.com), I'd appreciate them.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Ditto

I have the exact same problem. Tried a bunch of computers, and also only my acct. not other Plats or Golds (don't any other EXPs to log into) Contacted Web Services, still no fix. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Please help.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:19 pm

Programs: most of them
I have the same issue.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do the preferred seats appear available to you? If so, what happens when you try to select them?

Or do they appear occupied/blocked?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

For me, the preferred seats that are available (to anyone but me) show up with the yellow shading around them, but the seat is shaded like an occupied one. The preferred seats that are actually occupied don't have the purple shading around them. I've tried just selecting an unoccupied seat, but that doesn't work either.

And of course you can't manually type in a seat number anymore, so that doesn't help... Ugh.

I've sent an email to aa.com tech support as well. Perhaps that will produce a solution.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Same here

It looks just like that for me too on all my upcoming flights. E-mailed and spoke to Web Services- to no avail. Frustrating.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stratofortress
For me, the preferred seats that are available (to anyone but me) show up with the yellow shading around them, but the seat is shaded like an occupied one. The preferred seats that are actually occupied don't have the purple shading around them. I've tried just selecting an unoccupied seat, but that doesn't work either.

And of course you can't manually type in a seat number anymore, so that doesn't help... Ugh.

I've sent an email to aa.com tech support as well. Perhaps that will produce a solution.
You can't select any seat at all? That's nasty! I don't know of anything else to suggest, web services is definitely your huckleberry. Just keep calling rez to have your seats changed until they get you fixed.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Something weird is going on here.

On a ticketed flight DFW-MSP, going through the reservation and looking at seat assignments shows no exit-row seats available. Other "preferred" seats can be selected. (I am logged in and EXP.)

If I look at a new reservation and check available seats before booking, it shows several exit-row seats available. EF also shows those same exit-row seats being available, but I can't select them through the ticketed reservation.

Strange.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:35 am
Suspended

Anything change for anyone

My acct. still has the same problem. Booking a new flight and I can't pick the exit rows (even though they're available). So even after all of the website fixes last night this issue is still there, at least for me. Looks like another fun day for me dealing with Web Services.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
No problems for PLT. Maybe AA is regretting the EXP influx from AADER and sending a message?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:35 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the same issues. I can see seats available on ExpertFlyer that are not appearing for me on aa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.