Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:23 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Le Meridien Bangkok

Map| 5 Reviews | 80% Recommended

Le Meridien Bangkok

40/5 Surawong Road Bang Rak Bangkok, TH 10500

Le Meridien Bangkok (0 Photo)

Le Meridien Bangkok

Check In

Called Platinum Concierge who told me there were only 3 suites for Platinum upgrades so wanted to book one paying cash. The best rate they could give me was about 16,000THB. On spg.com I found 14,000 THB prepaid, but then on the hotel's own website found a promotional rate of 8,250THB for the Aventec suite.

Was met by a hotel rep at BKK who guided us to the hotel's S Class. As in all of our Thai hotels we were provided with cold towels, still and sparkling water.

Once you enter the hotel lobby you are awestruck with it's modern and contemporary feel. Check in was a breeze except the agent seemed to think we had been "upgraded" to a suite. I've noticed this happens a lot in *wood hotels when booking a suite. Can't they tell?

Stayed at the Westin Siray Bay, followed by the W Samui however we left Samui after only 2 of the 6 nights because of rain. The unexpected detour to BKK was the highlight of the trip. Initially I was concerned about the proximity to Patpong, but as have others have mentioned it's fairly harmless.

Room

We were offered a welcome drink of some ice coffee cocktail which was divine. Upon entering the room we knew we made the right decision. The suite was large, beautifully appointed with Thai ornaments everywhere, a poem on the wall, a double walk in shower (AMAZING), a huge tub and automatic blinds. We were sent a bottle of champagne but weren't sure if it was because we were platinum, or because some of powerpoints didn't work.

Dining

The restaurant has a reserved area for Platinum guests and were offered sparkling wine. Creative hour was sensational as we tried all the different cocktails, though only having 3 food offerings could have been improved.

Overall

Overall this was the best of the 3 hotels we stayed in during our Thailand stay. The service was impeccable, the hotel perfected suited to our aesthetic, and the location allowed us to walk to and from gay bars like DJ station within a matter of minutes. We will certainly return.

Le Meridien Bangkok

Would you like to write a review on the Le Meridien Bangkok?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:28 am

glad you enjoyed your stay.
this is also my favorite hotel in the entire region (used to be W Seoul). not the biggest or the flashiest, but what they do they do so well ^
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:15 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Forgot to mention, my one gripe was the pool. I knew it was small but on each day it seemed to be populated by young backpackers who I suspect were not staying in the hotel. They each got changed and unchanged in the lockerooms, had brands of water not provided by the hotel, were each lugging backpacks and didn't eat or drink any F&B. I tested my theory on the elevator and you can reach the pool and fitness centre level without authorising the key. With such a small pool, having 4 sunbeds taken is a massive inconvenience.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Guys you make me curious. For our upcomming trip to Asia I have book now 3 different IC's and 3 different Westin/Luxury's.

Our last 2 nights are supposed to be at the IC BKK (RA stauts does not offer too much there...)

By reading your comments I'm thinking to change my mind and book the Le Meridian.

What is your opinion?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by fred8ab
Our last 2 nights are supposed to be at the IC BKK (RA stauts does not offer too much there...)

By reading your comments I'm thinking to change my mind and book the Le Meridian.

What is your opinion?
I'm IC RA and Starwood Plat and I would choose the LM BKK 10 out of 10 times over the IC BKK.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm IC RA and Starwood Plat and I would choose the LM BKK 10 out of 10 times over the IC BKK.
Same as I - Houston I have a problem now. Well I think I will change my mind now as I will not remake my RA so give it all to SPG. I hope they will realize this

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Does this hotel provide iPhone docking station with speakers?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stay in a lot of hotels and it's hard to remember, but I am pretty sure that the answer is yes. They have one of those iHome type clock radios. At least in the suites. Perhaps someone who has been in a normal room can comment.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: most of them
How does one get the SPG website to show rates for non-smoking regular rooms at this hotel? When I check availability the list only shows smoking rooms with decent rates. But when I check the box for nonsmoking all that comes up is the really expensive "specialty" rooms.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11
How does one get the SPG website to show rates for non-smoking regular rooms at this hotel? When I check availability the list only shows smoking rooms with decent rates. But when I check the box for nonsmoking all that comes up is the really expensive "specialty" rooms.
I have booked the non-smoking rooms.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Does this hotel provide iPhone docking station with speakers?
They have a Bose CD Radio in the suites. I've never seen a regular room . but nothing that would dock an ipod is in the suites
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:37 am

The concierge replied that no iPhone docking station is available, but composite cable is available to connect to the LCD TV.

Last edited by Dendrite; Feb 20, 2011 at 4:09 am
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Amex Platinum
Awesome Sheet

Does anyone know what sheets LM BKK Uses? On a recent trip to Asia, we stayed at 5 *W properties and 3 LM. The BKK Le Meridien sheets were the most comfortable hands down. Would love to buy some.

Have to say that I'm surprised that they don't use common bedding across the chain.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 7:04 am

The hotel sells them!

We bought 2 sets of sheets, duvet and even both kinds of pillows at LM Chiang Mai, which are supposed to be the same exact ones as those in LM BKK.

Originally Posted by hardeight44
Does anyone know what sheets LM BKK Uses? On a recent trip to Asia, we stayed at 5 *W properties and 3 LM. The BKK Le Meridien sheets were the most comfortable hands down. Would love to buy some.

Have to say that I'm surprised that they don't use common bedding across the chain.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by hardeight44

I think that they use those sheets across all the Le Meridien properties in Thailand. We had wonderful sheets at LM Chiang Rai. We were told there was a little bit of silk in with the cotton that gave them that extra indulgent feel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.