Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place, Fort Worth Cityview REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:24 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum

Made my first stay at a Hyatt Place this past weekend (Fort Worth, Cityview) and came away a bit disappointed. This is a former AmeriSuites property, but appears to have been completely re-done. Problems started at check-in when I'm told that the king room I reserved is not available. Check-in rep confers with colleague and then says "I was just kidding" and that they have a king room and hands me the key. Meanwhile, Mrs. MileKing is looking for some coffee. Find out they have no free coffee (until breakfast), but they'll sell us a cup of Americana/Starbucks. No thanks, we'll pass. Get to room....I guess the check-in rep was kidding, but the joke is on us....it's an accessible king. Not what we wanted, but at 10:45 PM we are tired and grudgingly accept it. The room is fine....looks to be the nuevo-modern Hyatt Place decor. Odd layout and somewhat sparse, although that may be due to the accessible room. The flat screen TV is probably the best thing going for it. Water pressure in the shower in the morning is not great. Not clear if due to accessible shower head or something else. Check outside door for newspaper.....nothing. No newspaper in the lobby area either. We have other breakfast plans, but take a trip through the small (and very crowded) breakfast area. Looks to be very complete with several made to order breakfast options. Not bad. Proceed to checkout, rep asks how the stay was, and I respond "average". Would have expected a question about what was wrong, how could it have been better, etc. Instead, silence. Like the rep at check-in, no apology or anything....simply hands me a copy of my bill. Unbelieveable. I hand him my completed comment card detailing all of the above and let him know that the GM should feel free to contact me to discuss my stay. Wonder if I'll get a call.

All in all, not a terrible stay, but the agents probably need a refresher in customer service. And what is with no free coffee and no morning newspaper? Is this typical of all Hyatt Places? This brand is competing against the likes of Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and similar. All of these offer free coffee 24 x 7 and a free morning paper. It's not much, but I also don't think it is too much to ask. I will likely return to Hyatt Place again (even this property to give it a second chance), but my current view is that at a similar price point to the competition, I see no reason to go out of my way to choose Hyatt Place over the others.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks for the review.

I think no free coffee is typical outside of breakfast hours. But no newspaper is not.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:48 pm

This is a pretty standard HP. When I checked in, a couple of employees were standing around, one of whom directed me to the self check-in machine. I was taken aback by that, since they were obviously not too busy to check me in. When I told them I preferred to interact with a live person, they did it the old fashioned way.

Upon returning to the hotel about 10 pm, we decided to try out the food service. We ordered something pretty simple, but it took forever to come out. While I was waiting, I observed some people waiting at the bar for drinks and it took quite a while for them to get served as well.

I also encountered the no newspaper situation referenced above at this property. I've noticed that all the Hyatt Places are providing Wall Street Journals these days, which is ok, but doesn't give me the local news. I asked at a different HP about the paper and was told it's the WSJ M-S and the local paper on Sunday morning. I don't know if it's because this was a Saturday night stay, but there were no papers at all this morning.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:36 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
We stayed here Saturday night, attending an event in downtown Ft Worth. I was welcomed as a Diamond and offered my choice of points or waters+something as an amenity. I immediately said points so didn't pay attention to the alternative. We'll have to see if the points post We were told we were getting a "nice" room and had an end room, x01, on a high floor. Completely standard Hyatt Place layout, with big flat screen, etc. The AC worked surprisingly well, given the outside temps in the high 90s, which hasn't always been true at other HPs. The breakfast Sunday morning was also typical, with a large pot of hot oatmeal, but not the other complimentary hot breakfast items that are seen at some other HPs. There was a large stack of the local Sunday paper by the front desk.

This property is about 8 miles or so to downtown Ft Worth, and the front desk told us it was a $40-$50 taxi ride On the other hand, it was about 1/3rd the price of the closer-in HP Ft Worth Stockyards. It did seem like there was every restaurant chain imaginable within a mile or so of the property.

Last edited by skj; May 30, 2011 at 8:37 am Reason: mis-spellings
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:46 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
We'll have to see if the points post
Amenity points didn't post I'll get them added ...
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skj
Amenity points didn't post I'll get them added ...
Hyatt Place System is unreliable most of time especially in terms of Diamond Amenity Bonus Points. Hyatt Regency is far more superior in accuracy. However, we are lucky enough to get good customer service who will fix that problem in a blink of eyes.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
2 night stay here, seems there have been some improvement in guest recognition and customer service since previous reviews...

Check-in was quick and efficient, Diamond Status was recognized, points selected. Was not given an upgrade, as I don't believe they exist in HP, no problem, but my room matched my "official" preferences in GP. Good start. Walk in and there is a welcome letter from the manager, with a small bag of "goodies" - some chocolate, a fruit bar, etc. A nice touch, and certainly the first HP I have seen do this. Newspaper was delivered every day. I called down twice to have a Starbucks prepared - when I went down to get them, they were done correctly and as specified. Parking area is well lit, and sized appropriately for the hotel. Gym was slightly above HP average. new breakfast options were out - but I did not eat there, so have no idea as to quality. As previously noted, AC works well. I have found this to be a real problem in many DFW/Ft Worth hotels, even those in the higher quality ranges- so this a major point in this hotel's favor. I received a " thank you for staying" email today.

Facility wise, standard, slightly aging HP.

The location is EZ on/off, and there are lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. There is a 24 hour Fed Ex office place within a 1/2 mile - another plus for me, as is the dry cleaners practically in the parking lot of the hotel.

I am not an HP fan - I find the browns and oranges gloomy and halloweenish. But not a bad stay, so I would return.

Great job to the GM for the service improvement....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.