Wiki Posts
Search

BA forum is Fun

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Rapido Midas, BA Gold
BA forum is Fun

I have been lurking here for ages and only recently began posting.
None of the other forums in Flyertalk seem to have the same entertainment value as the BA one...
PUCCI & MUCCI....
You F’cofee Sir...
and many others.!

Last edited by Midas; Feb 3, 2008 at 2:25 am
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Midas
I have been lurking here for ages and only recently began posting.
None of the other forums in Flyertalk seem to have the same entertainment value as the BA one...
PUCCI & MUCCI....
You F’cofee Sir...
and many others.
Revives a jaded F traveller!!
You should see us on the QF board - we have even resorted to called Platinum members (OW Emerald in the QF program) w@nk@s in the official QF board terminalogy. Gold (OW Sapphire) are scum, and so on. And just about every thread inevitably degenrates into talking about beer. For further info, see this thread. I think there is a real JSA between the FT BA board and the FT QF boards.

Dave
Old Feb 3, 2008, 5:05 am
mee

Originally Posted by thadocta
I think there is a real JSA between the FT BA board and the FT QF boards.
JSA ??

-- Mike
Old Feb 3, 2008, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

JSA= Joint Services Agreement.

In real life, BA and Qantas have a JSA on the UK-Austraila flights. ( I'm not sure exactly what it entails ie sharing of the filght revenues on codeshares etc)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 3, 2008, 5:47 am
mee

Thanks -- always good to learn another TLA (three-letter acronym)

-- Mike
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by thadocta
You should see us on the QF board - we have even resorted to called Platinum members (OW Emerald in the QF program) w@nk@s in the official QF board terminalogy. Gold (OW Sapphire) are scum, and so on. And just about every thread inevitably degenrates into talking about beer. For further info, see this thread. I think there is a real JSA between the FT BA board and the FT QF boards.

Dave
OMiGod! Now this sounds like an Impenetrable Clique at work (ICAW) and you will make me very afraid to come and post. That is absolutely priceless!! I might even come and visit as part of the JSA! As I have no status - will you call me B@gL@dy??!!

I see that this has not put Midas off however and am delighted that this is the case.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:13 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
OMiGod! Now this sounds like an Impenetrable Clique at work (ICAW) and you will make me very afraid to come and post. That is absolutely priceless!! I might even come and visit as part of the JSA! As I have no status - will you call me B@gL@dy??!!

I see that this has not put Midas off however and am delighted that this is the case.

You can't possibly be having a poke at me are you (YCPBHAPAMCY)? No, such things do not happen.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As I have no status - will you call me B@gL@dy??!!
With initials of PG you must surely be QF partner gold, but whose partner I wonder?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
With initials of PG you must surely be QF partner gold, but whose partner I wonder?
KiwiFlyer, I trust that you're not implying that our beloved Grande Dame of the Hairbrush would partner anyone other than HI. That sort of thing might be alright for Johnny Foreigner, and even for the lower social orders, but absolutely not in Surbiton. Whatever would they say in Bentalls?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I'll second the OP. The BA board rocks, and is DEFINITELY one of (if not THE) most fun reads on FT. Quite entertaining!
And, the BA FTers from this board that I've had the honor of meeting are equally quite awesome.

Last edited by skye1; Feb 3, 2008 at 12:41 pm
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Awww thanks sweetie It's always fun instructing you in the finer points of afternoon tea - your face at the cucumber sandwiches! Almost enough to make me organise another do... but not quite
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Awww thanks sweetie It's always fun instructing you in the finer points of afternoon tea - your face at the cucumber sandwiches! Almost enough to make me organise another do... but not quite
Thanks...you are too kind.
After afternoon tea there's evening ales , and whilst with friends at a pub last night, in honor of the other do that you are organising, I did have quite a few ales from Orkney.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Rapido Midas, BA Gold

Midas admires Pucci’s intellect and thinks he has met her on board!
BTW ...pucci discovered America (not the hairbrush) did you know?

Last edited by Midas; Feb 3, 2008 at 4:16 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 4, 2008, 4:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Midas
Midas admires Pucci’s intellect and thinks he has met her on board!
BTW ...pucci discovered America (not the hairbrush) did you know?
Midas has just become a Mucci. I think that he earned that faster than anyone else.

Now we have been a little bothersome to Moomba - but he is sweetness in male form itself and I know that a little PM to him and he will do it when he has a mimnute. He does do other work - which is tedious - but pays for his BA flights and that keeps me in tights and lipstick so I really cannot complain.

HIDDY will kick off as he had to wait weeks but as he does not get out of bed until the crack of noon the rest of us will probably be on lunchtime gin n'slims.

Jenbel - is it over a year since Sheep and Dyongenes went to cruise the Thames on a Tea Time Tub??!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Midas clearly knows well how to treat a lady! Congratulations.

Yes this is the best forum on Flyertalk. Mixing bad behavior with real travel tips. Kudos to the moderators for not having jerky knees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.