Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Nashville Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Nashville Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Question Hyatt Place Nashville Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I have stayed in the HP Nashville airport twice.

The Good:
Great TV
Comfortable Bed
Refrigerator
Close and free parking

The Bad
Heating / air unit right next to bed and very loud
No lotion in room...just shampoo and conditioner
Fairly expensive for what you are getting

I can usually get into the Sheraton for about the same $ on a AAA rate. HP is not bad if you are trying to rack up FFN's.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I haven't been since the conversion, but it's always been just an ok property. Weekdays, the rates are a little high when compared to the Hilton properties in the vicinity, of which the Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites are significantly nicer.

The "Opryland" HP is ok if you have a rental car, but it's inconvenient for getting downtown, especially with all the construction on Briley Pkwy.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
There this week. Nice room, nice bedding, quiet. Fully satisfactory. The limited HP breakfast selection slightly more limited than normal, but then I can go on and on about how any HP could be helped by more selection.

In a cluster of airport hotels, meaning you might check competitor's prices, as this seemed a bit high for an HP. (Since this is FFN season there was no price shopping on my part). Aloha.

Last edited by jayer; Oct 8, 2008 at 7:57 pm
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed here twice in the last 2 weeks.

Some of my observations:
          Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:25 am
          In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
          If this hotel had been my first experience with Hyatt I never would have switched over to the Gold Passport program.
          Arrive at BNA and call hotel for "complimentary" shuttle. . Even though BNA has scheduled flights arriving late evening am informed the shuttle stops running at 11pm. Take cab to airport hotel. I'm upset but the cabbie is even more upset after waiting in the queue.

Arrive at hotel with nobody at front desk so use kiosk to check in. Receive room next to kitchen. Find out at 7am that the dishwasher is located on the other side of the thin wall.

Having read this thread previous to booking knew about the loud air conditioner so turned it off. Didn't realize that they were so loud that adjacent air conditioner noises would carry into room.

2AM loud melee takes place either at the elevators to the upper floors or in the lobby. Put in ear plugs. Now realize this could happen at any hotel but the last time it did for me to experience, at a 4points, the management did the correct thing and called the cops.

Agree with previous posters that the breakfast here is limiting. After breakfast ask at the front desk for a late checkout and am offered noon.
          Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:26 pm
          In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
          Well color me eating my words.

I'm a firm believer in you don't get a 2nd chance to make a first impression.

When checking out the MOD said to me hope to see you back again. I replied not a chance. Upon questioning related the info from my previous post. After a moments hesitation she comped my room if I'd give them another chance.

Color me impressed. We shook hands on it and she asked the next time I make a reservation to call her directly. Can and will do. ^
          Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
          I had a one night stay here last weekend. After staying at the HP Nashville Downtown, this place felt old and dated. Upon check-in I was asked if I wanted a room with a broken soap dish or room near kitchen since those were the only ones available. A bit of an odd question but alright. They had a spinning wheel for elites to win prizes, so I spun and got a free beer.

Anyway room was ok, but bed seemed bit worn out. In some placed the sofa was bottomed out as well. The comment about the AC/Heater by bed is valid, as it gets quite loud at night and blows right on the bed. Overall, if you need a place to stay bear airport and the rate is right, go for it. At least parking is free.
          Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:19 pm
          In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
          Stay Report - 8/9

Location: The hotel is located off Donnelson Pike just north of I-40 about 3 miles from BNA. Nearby are a bunch of other limited service airport hotels and several chain restaurants (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Panera, Shoney's etc.) and gas stations. The area is safe though not highly walkable.

Hotel: The hotel is an older Amerisuites convert with a strange entrance. There's no way to turn around in front of the hotel and there's only one entrance that's poorly signed so be aware pulling in. There's a small outdoor pool in the back, two computer business center, fully stocked bar and they're serving hot breakfast. Do note the shuttle is currently shared by various hotels and is request only. It was also 8 minutes late taking me back to the airport so plan extra time.

Check In: I arrived at 9 Am and got straight into my room which I cannot stress how appreciative I am for. The agent checking me in was very friendly too.

Room: Old by spacious. Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed though none accessible at the desk which was annoying. Still, soundproofing was good and I like having all the space that an HP room gives you.

Overall a good airport property.
          Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier,, AAdvantage Gold, InterContinental Ambassador
          Thanks for update

Headed there Thursday evening!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.